Last minute please help me

isha kin
on 11/13/05 3:34 am - brooklyn, NY
I need to lose at least 15lbs before my surgery date on dec 9th please help me Should I go as extreme as fasting? Low Carb? I shouldn't have waited this long to start but I'm eating very/extremely light today and I'll be looking for your replys thanks guys
Merrickkitty
on 11/13/05 6:16 am - EAST BAY, CA
First thing, do not restrict your calorie intake below 1200 calories! Your body will go inot starvation mode, and you will not lose anything. To lose weight fast, I have found the following useful: 1. Increase water intake 2. Decrease carbs to less than 100 per day, increase protein to 60mg or more per day. 3. Eat your biggest meal in the morning, and the lightest in the evening 4. Step up the exercize, if you cant do anymore than walk, then walk as much as you can, as often as you can, you will increase your ability quicker than you think. 5. If you goof up, limit the damage, and walk off the excess calories! I hope this helps, it has helped me lose 80# pre-op. Maureen
Jessica D.
on 11/13/05 10:45 am - Edmonds, WA
Okay Isha, You've got just less than one month!! You can do a low carb, lower fat Adkins diet:it will knock off minimally 15 pounds in a month!! You have to be very strict: carbohydarates under 20 per day:no sugar, no flour, no fruit, no rice, no pasta; only diet drinks and water. And you will have to exercise. If you can, 45 minutes a day of walking. If you go to a gym, walk slow on a higher incline on the treadmill. If you have to walk outside, walk like you're late for a meeting: not exactly out of breath, but fast enough to get the blood flowing. If you need any advice on the Adkins diet, let me know. I've lost 51 pounds since June 10th, and my partner has lost over 115 pounds since January. It works, but you have to be real with it, and follow it too the letter. You won't be hungry, I promise. But you will go through carbohydrate withdrawl; but if it's 15 pounds you need to lose to save your life and have this surgery: do it!! I'll help in anyway I can. I can and will walk you through induction, and support you through withdrawl. You CAN do this!!! Jessica
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/05 7:30 am
Isha~ It looks like you've gotten some really good advice. Just to add my "2 cents", I can totally relate to how you are feeling! My surgeons office required me to lose at least 5% of my weight before they would even accept me into their program. I have NEVER been able to lose weight like that but I did it. For me, I just had it in my head that if I didn't do it, I wouldn't get to have the surgery. I had struggled too long to be defeated. My nutritionist put me on a lower carb, lower calorie diet. I had to eat at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day, 4 servings of bread, and at least 60 grams of protein. I stopped all soda, all sugar and all caffeine. I also started working out 5 times a week and drank a ton of water. You can do! I'm rooting for you!!! Jaimee
Rosa
on 11/14/05 12:48 pm - Milton, DE
OMG! Do you mean to tell me that I am going to have to loose weight BEFORE the surgery????? Now I am in a total panic! Good luck to you Isha. OK, I am going to go hide and never come out! Rosa
ruthdebra
on 11/16/05 9:34 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hello Isha - You've gotten great advice here so I won't add to it but I do want to add some motivation in case your surgeon didn't explain. That weight loss right before surgery defats the liver and makes the surgery much easier and safer to do. So - it can be of crucial importance! Lots of doctors just say do it but it helps to know why. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views