Thank You...

daniel patrick
on 11/11/05 9:56 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Since having surgery in August, and learning about this web-site, I have read and posted quite often. As a general rule, I look through the posts at least three of four times a day. I want to thank you all for the wonderful things that you have written to one another. I have read each post and learned from each one. Since having the surgery, I haven't found the physical restrictions to be an issue. I have been happy to see the the physical changes that have taken place. What has been the biggest issue is the mental aspects. It isn't about self-doubt, it isn't about regrets. I am really not sure what it is. I find that I have gained an incredible amount of support from others. The compliments are always nice. The second glances are always appreciated...but I am finding myself becoming more and more alone. I try to be vibrant and alive...but I am finding so much..that I simply want to go to work and go to bed... I have an incredible amount of energy. I know I can be doing so much more.. I just don't have the desire. I know that like all other processes throughout this procedure, it will pass...but I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks.....
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/05 12:12 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I think I know what you mean. I'm finding that I want to be "inside myself" more and more, not really interacting a lot with people. Maybe it's my head catching up with the rest of me. I know I am dealing with a little bit of depression right now, too. I think it's all connected for me. So I upped my zoloft (with DR approval.) I am all for anything to help me cope. Maybe it's the same for you, maybe not. But something to think about. Jen
& Then Some
on 11/11/05 11:03 pm - in, FL
Hi Daniel, I agree with Jen, it may be that you need to see your doctor about getting on an anti-depressant..or changing it if your already on one. What about interests? Do you like animals or outside stuff? Getting involved in clubs or groups in your area, volunteering is a great way to give and meet other cool people in the same time. Seclusion is not you- you are a bright light, a giver and you have a lot to give. There have been and continue to be big changes physically and mentally in your life and they both have a feedback effect on each other, though we often times try to separate them. Good Luck
daisymae
on 11/12/05 12:02 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hey Dan, As a psychiatric nurse, I have to tell you that you need to see your doc and if you are not yet in therapy, I encourage you to consider it. As you lose weight, you are peeling away layers to get to the Daniel that has been hidden for years. It is so important that you have support during this journey. We are definitly here for you, but you need an outlet where you can say whatever is going through your mind at that moment and have someone there who can help you through it. Most of us here have used food as a coping mechanism. Now that you don't have that anymore, you need to find a healthier way to cope. I understand how disorienting and scary this can be. I just went back into therapy about 3 months ago as I realized that my surgery would be approaching soon and I knew I needed to find other ways to deal with all the pain and anger that I have stuffed down my mouth for years. Please consider this and also please consider an anti-depressant as Jen suggested. Best of luck to you, Carol
Meltingman
on 11/13/05 10:23 pm - Malvern, PA
Daniel, The surgery and quick weight loss is a big change. It is not uncommon to go thorough a down period and have no explaination for it. I would agree with Carol. Go to see your primary Doctor and talk to her or him about the way you're feeling. He or She can help or refer you to someone who can and by all means keep in touch with us. Please feel free to email me anytime directly. With support we'll all get through this! Chip
Rosa
on 11/14/05 1:25 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Daniel, I too am in the mental health field. I am a psychotherapist and have a private practice. I really think you have many symptoms of depression. You have gotten some very good advice here from people who care, but you probably need a little more. Please think about seeing a therapist, and also talking to your PCP about medicine. If you need someone to chat with, feel free to email me. We can help each other! Take care sweetie, Rosa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views