Just saying Hi

Andrea N.
on 11/7/05 9:49 am - Ashland, VA
I just wanted to say HI. I've only been to the main board (and not there very much) and the VA board. I really haven't ventured out much you could say. I'm hoping to finally get approval this week after much delays from the insurance company. Wish me luck. Again, hello to everyone. I hope you are all having a great night. Andrea
P566
on 11/7/05 11:35 am - SoCal., CA
Hey there Andrea. I'm crossing my fingers now in hopes you'll get approval this week. Have you considered the duodenal switch surgery? I'm playing the insurance game right now and hope by mid 2006 to be approved. Best of luck! P566
Andrea N.
on 11/7/05 12:56 pm - Ashland, VA
Thanks so much for the nice responses. Yes I have considered the duodenal switch but I'm pretty sure my insurance (BC/BS of PA) will consider that surgery experimental, like they do the lap band. I've researched both and I think I would probably do well with the duodenal switch but at this point and with the very very long wait and the constant hoops the BC/BS has made me jump through I think I'll just be happy to get the Lap RNY. I sure hope you both get approval soon. It would be nice to have somebody to chat with and compare notes about our experiences. I'm probably going to be waiting until Feb or March 2006 to have my surgery, even if I get approved this week, because of financial restraints. I'll be back to visit alot I'm sure if you can stand me. LOL Andrea
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/05 5:58 am
Hi Andrea! Best of luck to you! I have BCBS of Mass and I didn't have any problems getting approved. I dont know if it varies by branch but I hope it works out in your favor! Jaimee
Rosa
on 11/7/05 11:47 am - Milton, DE
Hi Andrea, Welcome to a wonderful message board. Good luck w/ your insurance company. Come back and see us again! Rosa
Matthew C.
on 11/7/05 1:16 pm - Niles, IL
Good luck with your insurance company. Mine was quick, and had surgery after 3 months. I had the surgery in May after only starting in January. I had Open RYN, I wouldn't wish open on anyone, but it worked for me. If you ever need an ear to chat on, email me directly, as I come here only 1-2 times a month, I am trying to get here more but doesn't seem to happen. Matthew
& Then Some
on 11/7/05 7:45 pm - in, FL
HI Andrea Welcome and Good Luck
Jessica D.
on 11/9/05 8:02 am - Edmonds, WA
...sending you billions and billions of good thoughts, and super-duper, humongous, monumental--- approval vibes!!! Wishing you all the best. Come back and tell us when you get the good news, okay? Jessica
Andrea N.
on 11/9/05 12:07 pm - Ashland, VA
Thanks again everyone for the wonderful welcomes, good thoughts, and well wishes. As of 11/04, everything had been faxed to the insurance company. I called them yesterday and the lady told me it would take between 2-4 weeks to get either an approval or a denial. The insurance guy at the surgeons office told me they had EVERYTHING they required and it all looked really good so he can't see how they could possibly deny, but as we all know the wheels of this process are most often jerked to a stop by the insurance companies and their famous wrench. I'm just trying to keep my spirits up, wait patiently, and hoping for the best. As soon as I know, I'll be back to share! Hugs to all, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views