New but Ready!

Rosa
on 10/20/05 1:50 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Everybody, I have been checking out the message boards for a few weeks now. I am so glad to find this one. I am scheduled for my first appointment on Nov. 4, 2005 and I am scared to death! I am also very excited. My journey has been a long one, but I also realize it is just starting. I would love to hear from any of you out there that would like to give a "new kid" some info and tips. Oh, I have been trying to get my pic put in, but have had no success. I attached it to an email but haven't heard back from anyone and the pic is still not on. It's been a couple of weeks. Any ideas? Thanks!
Merrickkitty
on 10/20/05 2:08 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Welcome Rosa, Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a pic posted, they get to it when they get a chance. I am pre-op and started a program in Late July, I have a surgery date for November 29, 2005. So it was a pretty long prep time, but I feel prepared, at least now, 39 days away....ask me again on November 28th. WEll, I let some of the other great people here pipe up....They are a great lot, and we have a lot of combined experience to pass on. Maureen
Rosa
on 10/21/05 9:55 am - Milton, DE
thanks Maureen. I see the pic is on now. Good luck on your surgery in November. Please let me know how it goes and keep in touch. And thanks for responding!
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/05 11:06 pm - Oakdale, CA
Delaware huh? Don't find too many people from around there here on the boards ;) I visited out there and enjoyed Rehoboth Beach. You must be gearing up for that cold weather! I couldn't do it. Your journey will go so fast, and before you know it, you will be on the other side. As for your picture, mine just finally got put on, and I waited for awhile too. Sometimes they are very busy and it takes awhile. One day you will wake up with a lovely picture. Patience my friend I wish you luck along your journey. Neici
Rosa
on 10/21/05 9:58 am - Milton, DE
Thanks Neici. I see my pic is finally on. You are right, it is getting colder. I love this area tho. Wi**** was warmer. I am totally a summer girl. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I am going to love this message board! Good luck to you too!!!
Meltingman
on 10/21/05 12:53 am - Malvern, PA
Howdy Neighbor! I began the process almost a year ago in November of 2004 and never would have believed that as November 2005 approaches I'm not only post op but also down 100+ lbs. Although it probably will seem slow to you the journey will go pretty quickly. What hospital are you working with? I had a person from Milford in my pre-op class at Temple. I have always seen the signs for Milton, as my partner and I pass by your direction on 113 going to our house on *****oteague Island. We also have a lot of friends in Rehoboth (of course) !
Rosa
on 10/21/05 10:03 am - Milton, DE
Hi Chip, Milton is a lovely town. Very gay and lesbian friendly. Lots of family here. You and your partner should stop by sometime when you are in the area and see Milton. It is a small town and won't take long to see. Lots of cute antique shops and even a renovated old movie theatre. I think I will be going to Christiana Hospital, but not sure yet. I'll let you know more as I find out more. Thanks for responding, and congrats on all your weight loss!
& Then Some
on 10/21/05 4:43 am - in, FL
Hi Rosa Welcome to the board. It's a good group here. I had a long haul finally getting my surgery in April of this year. I didn't find out about the board until after I had it so your off to a good start! I'm not sure about the pictures, may want to check with them again if it's been more than two or three weeks. If you have any specific questions on or off the topic, feel free to ask.
Rosa
on 10/21/05 10:09 am - Milton, DE
Hey 32 Flavors, Thanks for welcoming me to the board. Wow, everyone seems so wonderful. I am so glad to have found you all. I am going to love this place. I'm sure I will have many questions as time goes on. I am so excited about all this! YIIIIPPPPPIIIIII!
daisymae
on 10/22/05 11:25 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hi Rosa! Welcome! I am sure you will enjoy coming here. There are a great group of people here. If you have any questions about wls that I may be able to answer, please feel free to email me. Take care, Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views