Stairs

Merrickkitty
on 10/15/05 6:59 am - EAST BAY, CA
So, Pals-o-buddies-of-mine, I need to know how concerned I need to be regarding living two flights of stairs above ground immediatly after surgery? Is this going to be a big problem? Should I arrange to get a hotel room on the first floor? for the first few days? Some of the books I have read say stairs are no problem, some say avoid stairs after surgery for a period of 1-3 weeks. Anyone with personal experience that can help? RRR, Maureen PS: Do your emoticons move around and do things? For me at work they do, at home they don't....just wondering
& Then Some
on 10/15/05 8:21 am - in, FL
Hi Maureen I had two flights of stairs to deal with after surgeryand was worried about this too. My surgeon said it would be okay and it was. I got home and ran up those flights of stairs holding my stomach and yelling "yee haw!" just kidd'n of course.. but yeah, it was really ok, slow n' ez. Check with your doctor on it now and ask again before you are discharged. Wats wrong with your emoticons? Untamed are they? It sounds like your emoticons are locomoticons.. locomotion, get it? I can be such a dOrK, anyhoo
daisymae
on 10/15/05 11:21 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Maureen, I have not had gastric bypass yet, but when I had the lapband, stairs were not a problem. You just take it one at a time. I do have a song for you though: "There's a brand new dance that everyone is doing...c'mon baby do the locomoticon : Hah!! JoEll, you thought you could be a dork!! Please bow to the Queen Dork herself!! Carol
& Then Some
on 10/15/05 10:25 pm - in, FL
We'll if you insist ~ Let's make it official HEY EVERYONE!!!
Merrickkitty
on 10/15/05 1:53 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Thanks you dorky dancing queens! RRR, Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/05 3:08 am - Oakdale, CA
Hey girly, I don't have to climb stairs to get in my house, but I do the stairmaster and haven't had a problem. My doc said to get back to the gym the day I got out of the hospital and work out to about a 60% level. So the way I look at it, as long as you aren't trying to run up the stairs and take it easy you should be ok? I think you are doing such a great job preparing yourself for the surgery (both mentally and physically) you will be surprised at how well you can move around after surgery (well, I couldn't do much the day of surgery, but I was out playing in the halls the next day )
dhjle
on 10/17/05 9:48 am - Tracy, CA
You are gonna be fine! Me and Jen will get ya goin too! Denise
Merrickkitty
on 10/19/05 2:00 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Hey thanks! I'll take you up on it! I tried to call tonight, do you have Cingular? My VM is messed up with their upgrade. Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views