too much food?

murmurs
on 10/14/05 5:56 am - Lake Ariel, PA
Hello all! Just have a few questions... I had surgery 10/3...doing good now. I started on a soft diet10/12, with the OK of my surgeon. Since I started eating, I feel much better, but I'm a little nervous, because so far Im able to tolerated everything Ive tried! Does this seem like too much as Im less than 2 weeks? Yesterday for example, I had cottage cheese (2 tbsp), plus a piece or two of peache. Then after my doctors appointment, he told me I could definetely eat up to 3-4 oz (cuz I was hungry 2 hours after eating), for lunch I had 1/2 cup chili, then for dinner I had a boca burger(meatless) with a slice of fat-free cheese, and about 1 TBSP green beans. I was able to eat the whole boca burger! Maybe Im being a little paranoid, but Im following all the rules w/protein, chewing, not drinkning, etc... Sorry so long, but just have so many questions.... Any body can help I would appreciate it! Thanks.... (also I lost 16 pounds as of 1 and 1/2 weeks!!) YEAH!! ~michelle~
& Then Some
on 10/14/05 6:16 am - in, FL
Hi Michelle, I had the same experiences. I found early on that I was hungry too and able to eat what seemed like a lot (like a boca burger or a whole apple) at one sitting and not have any pain/problems... Other times one or two bites hurt and I'd head to the bathroom. IF your surgeon said ok to eat 3-4 oz then he probably didn't make your pouch 1 oz. Likewise, my surgeon's dietary directions after the hospital was 4-6 oz. so my pouch wasn't made 1 oz either. Anyway, the pouch is going to stretch either way and it's not always the quantity, but the quality of food, like your choosing..Boca burgers are low fat and high in protein. Hope that helps. I'm sure others will have good input as well.
Merrickkitty
on 10/14/05 9:30 am - EAST BAY, CA
Michelle, From what I have read that seems to be pretty normal consumption this far out. My surgeron is far more conservative, but she isn't your surgeon, and doesn't know your specific case. Congrats on the weight loss...that is terrific!!!!! clap Rah, Rah, Rah, Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/05 2:58 am - Oakdale, CA
Hello miss Michelle, I can tell you on my first two days of pureed, I was able to handle more than I am now. I just weighed the amounts they told me and stuck to that. I guess as long as you don't have that knot or full feeling you're ok? I am finding now that food is so not appealing. I am only getting in one meal with "real" food. I would rather just drink a protein shake than eat lately. Maybe it's just a phase. Just be glad you are eating proteins instead of the "bad" foods we aren't supposed to have. I am sure you are doing fine girl. Are you on solids today? I am supposed to be starting solid foods today no more pureed for me. But I am not even excited about it now. At least I love the taste of my protein shakes
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views