I managed to catch a cold while recovering at home...

ChaadMN
on 10/13/05 11:29 am - Otsego, MN
Don't ask me how, but I actually caught a cold while sitting at home recovering from my surgery. Imagine that..... Anyway, does anyone have any recomendations for cold medicine that works well? Are there any kinds we need to avoid? My dr said nothing with ibuprofen. What kinds do all of you use? Any input is appreciated! Thanks! Chad
Merrickkitty
on 10/13/05 12:11 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Chad, You are the only person I know that could give himself a cold... I am not really laughing at you, babe, only with you...only you are coughing and sneezing..... I hope you feel better, and since I have like 8 co-morbidaties, I can't take sh*t! so SUFFER, man!!!!! Luvs ya, Maureen
daisymae
on 10/13/05 1:30 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hi Poor Baby!! OK, here goes: Fluids, fluids and more fluids!! Homemade chicken soup with LOTS of fresh garlic (helps to clear the sinuses). Vicks Vapo Rub CREAM (no staining). Put it on your chest and neck. It will clear your sinuses and make you sleep like a baby(for some reason it works like a sleeping pill for me ) ASK YOUR SURGEON FOR HIS/HER SUGGESTIONS AS FAR AS MEDS GO. Get plenty of rest, but also fresh air. Take care and feel better SOON!!! Carol
P566
on 10/13/05 2:03 pm - SoCal., CA
I think Nyquil and Dayquil are OK. Not sure if beers OK but, it sounds good. Don't suffer for Maureen's sake!!!! P566
Merrickkitty
on 10/13/05 2:23 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Precious566... I am shocked, shocked and dismayed! You know I revisit these posts......you are trying to undermine me!!!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,, Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh If I say Suffer!!!!!! By Gum....oh wait...that's the Dominatrix board.... Oops..... Heh heh heh..... nevermind Maureen
daisymae
on 10/15/05 2:13 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Maureen, Do they sell plus sized Dominatrix outfits on that board??? Carol
Merrickkitty
on 10/16/05 12:51 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Carol, Yes, as a matter of fact weeeeee dooooooo...... Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/05 9:47 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I don't know about cold, but alavert works for running nose and sneezing with allergies. Or just take more of your extra pain meds and enjoy the deep sleep. And, since you're already collecting leg puss for resale, you might want to check and see if there's a market for snot, too.
Meltingman
on 10/14/05 2:36 am - Malvern, PA
Note to self... Don't read Jen's responses while eating lunch.... snot...*****uck!.....
Meltingman
on 10/14/05 2:33 am - Malvern, PA
Chad, It seems you can't catch a break. My Doctor allowed me to take Tylenol cold medicine but my cardiologist, the one with oh so pleasant bedside manner, said "absolutely not" (I won't tell you my pet name for her, but it begins with the letter "B".) Definitely check with your surgeon before taking anything over the counter. I hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to drink drink drink and walk walk walk although I'm sure you don't feel like doing that right now. Take Care, Chip
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views