"Love (or WLS) is better the 2nd time around..."

daisymae
on 10/12/05 8:12 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hi Family, As some of you may know, I had lap band surgery 4/4/03. In the beginning, it was a great success until I learned how to beat it and it was all down hill from there. I learned that my main problem with food (besides being an emotional eater) is sweets and fats. I have been pondering how to deal with this for about a year now and finally decided to have the gastric bypass. I spoke with my surgeon who after much discussion agreed that the bypass might be a better option for me if I can stick with the idea of fear of dumping and not eat sweets and fats for fear of that reaction. I am hopeful that I can. I also went back into therapy to deal with all the emotional baggage that I carry around (bad marriage, guilt regarding my kids and my husband's anger, confusion regarding my preferences). So, I am trying to get it together. We just closed on a home equity loan, so I will be able to put a down payment on the surgery (I no longer have the great insurance I had back in '03). At this point I am just waiting for a date. I never thought that at my age (49) I would have this much confusion and turmoil, but I guess everyone has their own you-know-what to deal with and this is mine. Thanks for letting me vent! Carol
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/05 10:15 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Carol, Big decision...but it sounds like you know what you're doing. Good for you! Hope you get your date soon! Jen
daisymae
on 10/12/05 10:49 am - Middletown, NY
Jen, Thanks for the encouragement! I am really excited about this. I have an appt for an endoscopy on Nov. 1st so I guess sometime after that I should be hearing. So, how are you doing? What are your stats lately?? Thanks again, Carol
Merrickkitty
on 10/12/05 2:25 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Carol, #1, I must always respond to a post that includes the ""ing smiley #2, It sounds as if you are getting your focus on better priorities...aka your health! What date are you aiming at? Maureen
daisymae
on 10/13/05 1:11 pm - Middletown, NY
Hey Maureen, I am hoping for early December. My 50th birthday is in July, so I am aiming for better health and better finances by then. I am even looking into getting my bachelor's degree in nursing(I have my Associate's). It's amazing how motivating a mid life crisis can be!!! When is your date? Thanks for responding! Carol
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/05 6:01 am - Oakdale, CA
Carol, It really sounds like you have analyzed your situation and are ready to deal with the decision you have made. You will have your date before you know it! I wish you continued success.
daisymae
on 10/13/05 1:13 pm - Middletown, NY
Thanks, Tink. How are you feeling? Take good care of yourself, ok? Carol
& Then Some
on 10/13/05 7:21 am - in, FL
Your going through a lot. Good for you for getting into therapy. Good luck at your appt!
daisymae
on 10/13/05 1:19 pm - Middletown, NY
Thanks for your support, Jo. Carol
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/05 7:18 am - AL
Carol Good luck sweetie! Keep me posted on your surgery date, when ya find out! I can relate with the sweets and fats thing... but wish I could eat them now just teasin ~b
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views