Im back!

murmurs
on 10/10/05 10:23 am - Lake Ariel, PA
Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I had my surgery last Monday 10/3 (same as tink) and as doing pretty well, if any one is interested I did put up a post about my experience in my profile.....but that stuff can get boring sometimes! ......Just a question for you post-ops, when did you start protein shakes an how did you do with them? I try and get so gassy/bloated! sorry..TMI.. Hope everyone is well, and look forward to chattin again!!! ~michelle~
David B.
on 10/10/05 10:31 am - Modesto, CA
Wecome home Michelle, and welcome to the loser's bench. So You and Tink are twins. That is so cool. I will stop by and read your profile. I am so happy for you. David
Meltingman
on 10/10/05 10:59 am - Malvern, PA
Michelle, Glad to see you back and to hear all went well. Chip
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 11:51 am - Milwaukee, WI
Congrats, Michelle! I started protein shakes while I was in the hospital. I continued at home using various powders mixed with soy milk. I've not had any problems with them at all. But, the first couple weeks while I was on liquids, I wa very gassy. As soon as I started pureed, that cleared up. Jen
Merrickkitty
on 10/10/05 1:10 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Yeah! you made it through successfully!!!! Yipee. Maureen
sexysweetsweet69
on 10/10/05 1:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Welcome back and conrats on being a loser. jump:
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 3:58 pm - Oakdale, CA
Hey sister! I was wondering where you were. Welcome back and glad to see you are out and doing fine! As soon as I catch up on the posts here, I will read your experience. When did you start your protein drinks? I just started today. I only had one today! Oops! I am going to work harder on getting those in tomorrow. I didn't have any gas or anything from the one I had. I tried the Unjury one today and it was soooooo good. I was using Costco brand before (the ProRated), but I think I like this one more!
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/05 3:47 am - Oakdale, CA
Hey sweetie, I just read your journey in the hospital. Did I understand you did not have a catheter? If not, no fair! I can't believe you remember waking up right after surgery. I was so drugged, they were able to get me in my room (like 5 hours after surgery) and I woke up with family there. I didn't remember them taking me upstairs. So you started on protein shakes right away? Yesterday was the first day I was allowed a protein shake. I tried Unjury yesterday, and it was soooooooo good. Luckily I haven't had gas problems since I was in the hospital. Perhaps it was the "contests" my friend and I were having during our hospital stay that got it all of me before I got home. I bought the Gas X but haven't had to use it yet. I guess I have it for the future. Well, I am glad you are home and doing fine.
daisymae
on 10/11/05 11:59 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Congratulations, Michelle!! Welcome to the losing side! Hope all continues to go well! Carol
LuvSongs
on 10/12/05 5:38 am - Germany, Germany
Welcome back, now the journey really begins. I started protien shakes right when I came home from the hosptial, but I could only stomache UNJURY unflavored protien , the others where awful. I mixed it with orange juice and lots of ice. I hope this is helpful to you. Joi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views