picking

MargeC
on 10/8/05 3:15 am - TACOMA, WA
Hello everybody, Had my surgery on Aug. 22. I've lost 39 lbs.!!! I feel so good, don't even feel like I had a surgery. . . till I start to eat. Or try to. I've been lucky(or not) in that nothing has bothered me. Even what I'm not suppose to eat. I've been staying off the computer 'cause that's when I pick. I've got some sugar free stuff. Also some soy chips. I'm afraid I won't lose any weight if I keep going like. Anyone else out there with this problem? Thanks, Marge
TheRealMe
on 10/8/05 5:20 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Sounds like home. I keep grapes in the freezer so when I need to pick I take 3-4 grapes .... you have to eat them one at a time 'cause they are so cold. I suck, and chew till all the skin is seperted ...spit it out 'cause I'm worried about swallowing it ...but the grapes tast so good. then I drink more water. Jody
Tracee O.
on 10/8/05 5:23 am - boaz, AL
CONGRATS ON YOUR SURGERY!! I DID GREAT WITH MY SURGERY AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. I WAS UP WALKING IN ICU JUST A FEW HOURS AFTER WLS! FELT FINE , EXCEPT THEM BALLS OF COTTON SEEMS LIKE I HAD BEEN CHEWING!! OH MY, THAT WAS THE WORST!!! THEY WOULD'NT LET ME HAVE A PIECE OF ICE, NOT A SUP OF WATER, THEY WOULDN'T LET ME JUST PUT A LITTLE WATER IN MY MOUTH AND SPIT IT OUT! THEY TOLD MY MOM THAT LATER SHE COULD WET A WASH CLOTH AND WRING IT OUT REAL GOOD AND I COULD KIND OF CHEW ON IT! GURL, I WAS BITEING IT, CWEWING IT, SUCKING ON IT. I ASKED HER AGAIN TO WET IT AND NOT SQUEEZE ALL THE WATER OUT. !!! NOT !!! SHE KEPT SQUEEZING THA****ER OUT. I WAS FURIOUS!! I COULDN'T TALK CUZZ MY LIPS WERE STUCK TO MY TEETH, AND MY TONGUE WAS STUCK TO THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH. NOW THAT WAS THE WORST PART OF MY SURGERY...AND I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN!!! LISTEN, 39 LBS IS GRRREAT! TRY TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE GRAZING. EAT SMART, PORTION CONTROL, PROTEIN AND WATER. I HAVE FOUND COTAGE CHEESE TO BE A GREAT SNACK AND FEELS ME UP TOO. I USED TO HATE IT. BUT I TRIED SOME SPLENDA AND CINNAMIN. I TRIED STRAWBERRY PERSERVES (SUGAR FREE),THERES ALL KINDS OF THINGS. YOU'LL BE OKAY, JUST TRY NOT TO GRAZE. LOTS OF LOVE
Merrickkitty
on 10/8/05 7:49 am - EAST BAY, CA
Marge, Congratulations on the weight loss!!!! My nephew is 20 months an only weighs 24#....so you have well surpassed a not so small child in weight loss!!!! Grazing is a bad, bad thing....I suggest an electric fence around the kitchen 20 hours out of the day (and no food storage anywhere else!) lol. Just be mindful of the snacking and be drinking your water. Head hunger is a b****, but if you can think before you eat, you should be able to substitute an activity until the craving passes. I am pre op, and white-knuckling it all the way to surgery...its just hard, and I have slipped into the grazing habit again too...arrg if it were an easy process, we would all be 120#! Good Luck, and Great Job so far!!!! Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views