Message Board Virgin

Sara B.
on 10/6/05 12:27 pm - Akron, OH
Hey I just wanted to formally introduce myself....My name is Sara and I am 29 years old. My partner, Dawn and I have been together for 6 years now. Been researching wls for a while.......and I recently had a consultation with my surgeon. He suggested this website and said it was a great place for support. any advice would be appreciated....... talk to you soon....thanks
Merrickkitty
on 10/6/05 12:46 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Sara, Welcome, I am Maureen, and pre-op. I have been visiting this web site since June, before I got involved in a formal program also. The best advice I have for pre-op: 1: Document the diet attempts and failures previously, your doctor needs this infomration in an aid to get insurance approval, 2: Do not lie or omit any health information for your own safety, it is so much better to disclose all ailments both physical and mental, 3: Do you best to lose weight in advance. Why? Because the first weight you lose is in your abdomen, and it reduces the size of your liver, since it resides over your stomach, the prime real estate for the surgery site - -it helps the surgeon and reduces trama to the liver, 4: Be dedicated to the pre-op and post op program, and double think you choice if there is no pre-op or post op classes to prepare you for this journey, you'll need the education and fellowship of people on the same path. I have come across some unfortunate diagones' in the path, but its better for my surgery and recovery that they were found and treated. It gives me confidence that I made the correct decision in the wls program, and gives me more assurance for a quick recovery. Good Luck, and welcome again, do not be a stranger, none of us bite...we as far as I know.... Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/05 1:27 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Listen to you, Little Miss Pre-Op! Aren't you becoming a little expert.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/05 1:30 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Sara, I'm 6 weeks post-op, Lap RNY. I have to agree with everything that Maureen posted. I also want to add that if your program/dr. offers a support group, start attending it -- or really anyone -- as soon as you can. I found that post-ops in all different stages were huge helps to me. Some could answer the questions about what happens re: surgery, hospital stay, immediate recover. And some gave me tons of information about lifestyle changes, excercise, eating. And some just gave me a great laugh. Of course, visit us often on this board. We always have an opinion on something. Welcome! Jen
special kay
on 10/6/05 2:10 pm - Ladson, SC
I just wanted to say hello. I am pre op too. You have come to a good place for support! Good Luck in your journey, Kay
sexysweetsweet69
on 10/6/05 2:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Welcome, we are here for you anytime you need us. I am happy you found this board. We are very supportive here, Welcome.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/05 2:46 pm - Oakdale, CA
Welcome to our friendly world. We don't bite, well, maybe Beth does I have found so much information from this site in preparing for surgery. I felt that I knew more going into this surgery than those who don't visit this website. I am a new post op (I just had surgery on Monday). Pull up a seat and stay awhile. Tink
Sara B.
on 10/6/05 9:16 pm - Akron, OH
I just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcome. It is a good feeling to know that I am not alone in this adventure.
dhjle
on 10/6/05 9:37 pm - Tracy, CA
Hi Sara I get to be the first longest post-op to reply! I am just about a year out and I am down 150 pounds and have had some plastic surgery. All I can say is everyone here is great and the surgery works if you allow it to! Denise
& Then Some
on 10/7/05 7:54 am - in, FL
Hi Sarah, Welcome! There's a good mix here for info. or just for laughs. My recommedations is to get your partner involved as much as she wants to be. Also it's a good idea to offer her to be invoved with this board as well. I know it helped mine not to feel left out/neglected.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views