OT: My dog got put to sleep..

special kay
on 10/4/05 4:17 pm - Ladson, SC
A few hours ago I let my dog outside then went back in the house to grab my cell phone and shoes. I usually go with him but he was being impatient barking at me so I opened the door to let him go. When I went back outside, I did not see Oreo anywhere. He has NEVER ran away before. I walked around the apartment complex calling his name and then got in the car looking for him. I then called my partner at work and told her that Oreo was lost. She came home and helped me look for him. After about 45 minutes a car pulled up and a man had Oreo wrapped in a blanket. Someone told him that I was looking for my dog and where I lived. He got ran over by a car. I rushed him to the Vet. hospital and the Vet said he broke his back and had some internal bleeding. We made the decision to put him to sleep. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Oreo was 3 year old poodle and the light of my life. I cant imagine life without him. I am totally hurt right now. I don't know what to do with his stuff like his bed, toys, pajamas, t-shirts, dog bowl and etc... I now feel like its my fault that I went back in the house. He never goes far, thats why I trusted him alone for a few seconds. Because I made a stupid decision, My Oreo is gone. How do I get through this? Thanks for listening.. Kay
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/05 10:07 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Kay, I'm so sorry that you've lost Oreo! Please don't be too hard on yourself. What happened to Oreo wasn't your fault. It was the person's who hit him. But I am glad that someone brought him home to you so you could be with him. You made a very difficult but good decision to put him to sleep. You've saved him endless hours of misery and, best of all, you were WITH him. That had to be a big comfort for your little guy. It's difficult when we lose pets because they really are parts of our family--they love us unconditionally. And how many people in our lives can we say that about? For now, don't do anything with his stuff. There's no rush. Keep it nearby to remind you of all the wonderful things he meant to you. Hang in there... Jen
special kay
on 10/4/05 10:16 pm - Ladson, SC
Thanks Jen for your kind words. I miss him so much already. I cant sleep since this has happend last night. I dont ever want to forget him but I sure hope this gets easier. Kay
sexysweetsweet69
on 10/4/05 10:43 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Kay, I am sorry to hear that, you get through this by prayer. It hurts now but just remember the good memories you had with him. It also might be a good idea to have your partner to put his stuff away, I don't know if that will help I just want to offer you my help. I've had my dog 6 years I know how it feel to love your pet. I am going to pray for you. Again I am truley sorry.
special kay
on 10/4/05 10:50 pm - Ladson, SC
Thanks for the support Sherry!
Jessica D.
on 10/5/05 1:33 am - Edmonds, WA
Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry for your loss. Oreo was your baby and you have every right to mourn his passing. Please stop kicking yourself for running back into the house for a minute. This is not your fault. Bad things happen and they're nobodys fault: they just happen. It's time for you to take care of yourself and do some healing. If you pray, then take some time to connect with your higher power. If you meditate; send good, loving thoughts to Oreo wherever he is now. If you simply need to be, and get through this, just know you are not alone, and that we support you, and send you love. Please let us know how you're doing soon. Love to you, and peace to Oreo, Jessica
Meltingman
on 10/5/05 2:36 am - Malvern, PA
Kay, How horrible. I'm so sorry to hear about Oreo. I'm can't imagine how difficult this is for you. Know that I'm thinking of you. It will get easier with time. Don't rush to any decisions about anything right now. Wait for sometime to pass before you decided what to do his things. Chip
& Then Some
on 10/5/05 7:45 am - in, FL
Oh Kay, I'm so sorry. I've done the same thing when me and my dog walk. It's not your fault. Hugs
daniel patrick
on 10/5/05 10:14 am - Glen Burnie, MD
My heart bleeds for you right now. My prayers go out to you right now... I wish that there are words to express my deepest sympathy.. More importantly, I wish that there were words that would take away your guilt. Please don't blame yourself for a situation that the fates had predestined. You are not at fault!!! There is a little child in heavan that God didn't want to be alone and he sent for Oreo, knowing that you would make it through...because Oreo has a new purpose.. I know it sounds stupid but I believe that there is a reason for everything. I don't know what I would do without my shadow.... Needless to say..you are in my thoughts.
daisymae
on 10/5/05 11:01 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
(((((((((Kay))))))))) Oh my dear, I have been there. Not in quite the same situation, but I have had to put my dog, Sammy to sleep as well as my cats Jeremiah, Beau, Chloe and Jenny. It takes a long time, but you will heal. Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views