I am so close....yet so scared!

finda_nessy
on 10/1/05 3:30 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
I am just 12 days until my surgery and I am so nervous. I told myself that as this day got closer, I would be so happy but now in the back of my mind I am having all these what if's? what if I de during surgery and I never get to kiss my mother goodbye? what if I dont have the strength to folloew all the rules that come with this surgery? did anyone else hear these thoughts before the big day!!!!! finda nessy
Stacey G
on 10/2/05 12:53 am - Stow, OH
Finda - I think everything youare feeling iver very normal!! I knew in my heart that there was nothing I wanted more than to have this surgery but as I laid in the pre op room waiting to be wheeled to surgery I was seriously thinking "is it too late for me to run out of here?!!" Now, almost 10 weeks out - I am so happy with my choice to have wls! It is great! Good luck and hang in there! Hugs - Stacey
Merrickkitty
on 10/2/05 2:46 am - EAST BAY, CA
Finda, I have read two books recently, and what you are feeling is normal, and the best thing to do about it is talk about it!!! So you are on the right track. I am 60 days pre-op and all those things cross my mind. I also know I am absolutly doing the best thing for my total health by having the surgery. Please reassure me whenI am much closer and you are here saying how happy you are to have done it!!!! Do not forget to pray on it, if you are the praying kind (I am) Maureen
finda_nessy
on 10/2/05 12:11 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Yes! I do pray every single night of my life. I am very happy that you all feel the same way I feel...thanks for all the encouragement and I will make sure I keep you in my thoughts and prayers also.... FInda Nessy
ChaadMN
on 10/2/05 10:01 am - Otsego, MN
I had each of those thoughts plus about 50 other ones. It is absolutely normal and it part of the process. Stay strong and on course and you will do great!
special kay
on 10/2/05 2:44 pm - Ladson, SC
Hey girly I am feeling the same way you are and I dont even have a date. Every now and then I do the whole "what if" thing and make myself Keep posting your fears and thoughts and we will be here to support every step of the way. Take Care, Kay
Johna H.
on 10/3/05 10:20 am - hammondsport, NY
Finda, My date is Nov.15th and I am also feeling the what ifs but I also think I am going to be able to live the life I was meant to live. And you will too. See ya Johna
Carolyn Smith
on 10/9/05 11:23 am - cayucos, CA
Finda, remember "perfect love casteth out fear" God loves you, your Mom loves you and you obviously love yourself or you would'nt be seeking this type of surgery, believe that the love in your life is bigger than the ifs. Focuse on the love not the fear. It's going to be ok, you can help your Surgeon with your positive energy and whatever you do, don't give up on yourself ok??? I'll be praying for you and with you-Carolyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views