THIS IS THE POLICY FOR OBESITY FOR MY PARTNERS INSURANCE.

sexysweetsweet69
on 9/28/05 11:37 am - Milwaukee, WI
WEIGHT REDUCTION OR CONTROLLED TREATMENT UNLESS THERE IS A DIAGNOSIS OF MORBID OBESITY. WHAT DO YOU THINK, I AM JUST SO DISAPPOINTED AND LEARY WITH INSURANCE COMPANY NOW I THINK ALL THE INSURANCE COMPANYS WILL DENY ME.
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/05 12:17 pm - Milwaukee, WI
That's the exact clause in my company's policy and I was approved because my diagnosis was morbid obesity. So hopefully things are looking up!!!!
P566
on 9/28/05 12:18 pm - SoCal., CA
So they cover WLS based on a diagnosis of morbid obesity ? Is that what it says ? Sounds like it. Call the customer service number tomorrow and ask them specifically their policy on WLS. Good luck, P566
sexysweetsweet69
on 9/28/05 12:22 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Is it the same if it is super super morbidly if bmi is 72.8????
P566
on 9/28/05 12:28 pm - SoCal., CA
Yep...sounds like you've finally hit it good with your new insurance !!!!!!!!! Wonderful Sherry. Hurry up October ! She's been waiting loooooooong enough !!! P566
Merrickkitty
on 9/28/05 12:35 pm - EAST BAY, CA
THe National Institute for (of) Health (NIH) defines Morbid Obesity at a BMI at 40.0 or greater. If your PCP diagnoses it, that should not be a problem for you. M
Cheri B
on 9/28/05 1:24 pm - Forked River, NJ
Sherry--call them and find out....my fingers are crossed for you. You deserve this!!!!! -Cheri
Jessica D.
on 9/28/05 10:40 pm - Edmonds, WA
Your PCP can't deny you the title of "morbid obesity", and if you've already measured into the catagory of "super morbid obesity"---girlfriend, you are IN!! Keep researching: it's looking good for you! Check that clause so many insurance companies have that demand that you have 6 uninterrupted, DOCUMENTED months of diet/counseling with your PCP before you can apply for WLS. Bottom line is, get the scoop directly from the insurance company: all the prerequisites you'll need. It's your turn, honey, so just DO IT!!! Jessica
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/05 11:48 am - AL
Good luck sweetie I'm rootin for ya *cheers* keep us updated! ~b
mike_nyc
on 9/29/05 1:22 pm - NY, NY
Sherry, Congrats.... i "think" you finally got your ticket!!!!! My work policy was exactly the same.... NO treatment of obesity unless there was a diagnosis of morbid obesity. With a BMI over 40, you've met their criteria! NHI has set the morbib obesity standard of a BMI of 40 (or above), so you should be all set!! best of luck to you..... Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views