arm pain?

mojave
on 9/24/05 12:04 pm - Providence, RI
hi, man things are moving so quickly for me - i just ended my testing last week and I already have my appt with the surgeon on Oct 4 - so basically 2 weeks instead of the 2 months that i feared. Anyway - for my last test which was a few days ago - they took 25 vials of blood from me. Did you all have that same amount taken? My arm is still sore and I can't straighten it all the way or sleep on it. It's definitely getting better every day - but i didn't expect such an ache from blood being drawn.
P566
on 9/24/05 12:56 pm - SoCal., CA
25 vials ????? They should've just installed a spigot in your vein ! Hope your booboo is better soon. P566
Merrickkitty
on 9/25/05 2:52 am - EAST BAY, CA
OMG, I have had surgery before, and even then I never had 25 vials taken. I had 5 taken when I first strated the process, and they inserted a single needle that has a tube attached and they changed the viles as needed, I could not even tell where the needle was an hour later.....Sounds like the vampires got you. Do you stay up later?...Avoid the sunlight??? Anne Rice had something to say about this..... :-0 Maureen
daisymae
on 9/25/05 12:21 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Are you just joking when you say 25 vials???? Cause if you are not you need to talk to the doctor who ordered the lab tests, then the manager at the lab where the blood was drawn. I have been an RN for 22 years and never in my career have I ever heard of so much blood being taken from one person at one time. The doc should be able to tell you what tests were ordered and how many vials are needed for each test (you can usually have several tests from one vial). I can't wait to hear what the lab manager has to say. The phlebotomist who drew the blood needs some inservice education, that's for sure!!!! Please ask about these things. In the meantime, put some ice on your arm and a little Tylenol or Advil should help with the pain. Take care and feel better, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/05 9:08 am - AL
Hey S---- Sorry about 25 freaking vials that SUCKS But I know how you feel When I was DYING of blood loss (last july) they were taking at LEAST 10 vials from me PER DAY that sucked so... yeah but I agree, go ask questions, something isn't right about that mess.... ~b
mojave
on 9/26/05 11:14 am - Providence, RI
Thank you all so much for your responses. Carol - I will talk to the surgeon about why so many vials were needed - very interesting that 25 is a little crazy to ask o someone - like I thought. I am using advil - thanks for the suggestion - and my arm feels a lot better although still just a little tender. the guy who is my surgeon is actually the head of the surgery dept at the hospital - he has been doing bariartric surgery for awhile but his main occupation is as a trauma surgeon - maybe he likes to overdo things! Blondi - why were you bleeding? Did you have an accident? That's scary. Take care and thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views