4 wks out -- WLS 1st...

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/05 11:24 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Today's my 4-week anniversary. I'm celebrating by not working. But I digress. Last night I took Rose out to dinner to Maggiano's. I was really proud of the eating choices I made: Roasted chicken and about 2 fettucinni noodles with alfredo sauce. I nibbled on about a 1cm piece of dried, toasted bread with a fancy name I can't recall. And I tasted a roasted red pepper from her salad. And guess what? I PUKED! I know it was the red pepper. I got that funny feeling, I felt like I swallowed a rock and my mouth started to salivate. So I bee-lined for the restroom and BAMM! There it came. GROSS PART DISCLAIMER: I had been wondering what it would be like to vomit after the surgery. And it was actually pretty funny (to me) that everything came back up in the order it went down and still in a recognizable format (despite my diligent and thorough chewing). It was weird to be missing the stomach acid. But it was great not to have the burning throat. (I had a lot of stomach/vomitting problems before surgery). Best of all, it didn't hurt my little pouch (pain wise). I did immediately feel better--which was a huge relief. And I have to say that now that I experienced that, I don't feel the need to ever go through it again. But I have been sailing through the last 4 weeks wondering if I "really" had surgery because I have had no eating issues at all. I guess this was my answer. Thanks for letting me share, my dear family. Gross, I know. But just one of those itneresting, self-realization moments. Jen
Cheri B
on 9/22/05 11:58 pm - Forked River, NJ
You are so funny....My SO said the same thing when she puked for the first time. Of course now she blames me for when she pukes because she loves my cooking and ends up eating to fast!!! Here's to no puking in public!!! -Cheri
special kay
on 9/23/05 6:45 am - Ladson, SC
Jen You crack me up Thanks for sharing your experiances.. I love to read about what people go through! Take care, Kay
Merrickkitty
on 9/23/05 10:59 am - EAST BAY, CA
Congratulations on a wonderful barfing experience!!!! How much weight have you lost? Maureen???
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 2:54 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I'm down 40.5 since the start of my pre-op liquid diet. I survived a week three stall and am back losing again. YEAH!
& Then Some
on 9/24/05 12:40 am - in, FL
WOW! Congratulations on your wt loss so far!
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 2:05 pm - Oakdale, CA
Jen, I'm glad to hear things are going great for you. Being the sick individual that I am, I think that's great that you didn't have that stomach acid taste because you got to enjoy your food for a second time! Hey, you're the one that said you didn't mind the puking!
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/05 2:53 pm - Milwaukee, WI
You busted me! I didn't mind because it was like eating twice. And the calories really didn't count either time.
P566
on 9/25/05 3:23 am - SoCal., CA
Don't be gettin' into the bulimic thing now ! P566
Merrickkitty
on 9/25/05 1:35 pm - EAST BAY, CA
I saw the red peppers at Safeway when I was in the produce section...it reminded me of you!!!! hee hee Now I am not laghing at you, no, just remembering the funny way you conveyed the story to us.....so do be mad at me (you knows I's loves ya!!!) Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views