Diabetics and Former Diabetics

Merrickkitty
on 9/22/05 9:59 am - EAST BAY, CA
I have a cold. Well, something of a cold, extreme fatigue chills, then sweats and body aches. I do not a lot of congestion or much of a cough (I haven't been sick since I have quit smoking that may be a factor.) The issue is my BP is low and my blood sugar is all over the map. I read where this is normal, but what do(did) you do to combat the inconsistant blood sugar levels??? Maureen
daisymae
on 9/22/05 10:25 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Maureen, If your blood sugar is high, drink plenty of water. It helps to bring it down. You should take your blood sugar more often when you are sick. If your blood sugar is low, have milk or a piece of cheese; something with protein in it. If your blood sugar is REALLY low and you feel light headed, drink some juice if you can tolerate that. It gets absorbed quickly. When it kicks in and you feel a little bit better, eat the protein so you don't get the rebound from the juice. Hope you feel better soon!! Carol
& Then Some
on 9/23/05 9:46 am - in, FL
Our poo Maureen.. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Sounds like you need to keep hydrated. BS are hard to keep in check when your sick. Carol had some good advise. Check often. Keep us updated grlfrnd
Merrickkitty
on 9/23/05 11:02 am - EAST BAY, CA
I am feeling better despite having a pap smear today. The doc gave me the exact same advice as Carol did (regarding the BS)!!!! (Doc Carol? hmmmm has a nice ring to it.) Tanks. Maureen
daisymae
on 9/23/05 12:21 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hey Maureen, Glad to hear you are feeling better. Doc Carol???? Heavens, no!!! Nurses spend more time with patients, so I'll stay just where I am!! Ask Jessica. I think she would agree! Stay well, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/05 9:03 am - AL
(((((((((MAUREEN))))))))) Hey sweetie I'm sorry you're so sick hope you are getting better now ~b
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views