My last post....

ChaadMN
on 9/20/05 6:12 am - Otsego, MN
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that this will be my last post as a pre-op. Tomorrow morning at 5:30am I check in for my surgery. There are lots of things going through my head right now, did I make the right decision, or am I going to regret this. I guess they are just last minute jitters that everyone experiences. I do want to thank everyone on the board, even those who just read and do not post anything. It is so helpful to know that there are people out there who are listening to me, and who have experienced or know whats going on in my head. Its comforting. Everyone has been so helpful. For those who met in the chat room last week, here is another story. It may not be as good at the urine story, but its close. Anyway.... I got a letter from my Doc's office yesterday that said that I failed to come into the office for my final "weigh in". So I called them this AM and said that I would stop in after work. No big deal. Well the nurse I spoke with told me that I needed to loose 25lbs before surgery and that the surgery would have to be rescheduled if I did not meet the goal that the doctor had set for me. This morning I stepped on the scale and I had only lost 21lbs. I totally started to freak out! I was sure my surgery was going to be canceled. So after work, I went to the gym, worked out as hard as a I could, attempting to get every last ounce off that I could! After my workout I was in the shower cleaning up and I told myself that I DID loose the weight and that everything would be fine. Hoping a positive attitude would help and knowing the final "weigh in" was only 15 minutes away. As I was in the locker room getting dressed, I was thinking, less clothes = less weight. Off went the belt....I can skip wearing socks as well, then I really got into the spirit. I dont need an undershirt and off it went. At that point all I was wearing was a real light pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. I thought I had it made. I stepped on the scale at the gym......low and behold I was at -24lbs. One more dang pound to go. I though for sure they would let me slide with loosing 24lbs. I was getting desperate and had no other options left. OFF came the underwear. Keep in mind I was trying to weight as little as possible. I arrived at the doctors office and got some funny stares at my attire. I covered by saying that I just got done from the gym, which was true. I went to the scale and took off my shoes. I was about to step up on the scale when the nurse told me that for hygeine reasons I either had to wear socks or the shoes had to stay on. The shoes went back on. I hopped up on the scale and it read.....-28lbs. LOL. I was so happy that the scale went my way, but felt rather silly for taking my undies off so I weigh less. LOL I lauged all the way home. Anyway, its 3pm and time to take my magnesium citrate and head to the bathroom. Hope everyone is doing well and I will post as soon as I am able to. Bye! Chad
Jessica D.
on 9/20/05 6:42 am - Edmonds, WA
Chad, that's the funniest story I've heard in a long time!!! Tomorrow's your big day, honey. You've worked hard, and you've earned this opportunity to turn your life around, and recreate it to one you feel good about. We'll be thinking about you. Sending you calm, healing, uneventful-surgery thoughts. Write us as soon as you get a moment, or have someone come online to give us an update. We'll all be thinking about you. Jessica
N. Leonguerro
on 9/20/05 6:50 am - Chapel Hill, NC
That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I can't imagine not wearin any undies in order to weigh less. However, given the situation. I may have tried the same things. I wish you courage, strength and guidance throughout your new journey. My prayers will be with you as you have surgery.I can certainly relate to the those jitters you're having. Like you said, we all have them. You already know youre not alone in this journey, many of us have been down this road, we are here to offer love and support. Looking forward to hearing from you on the loosing side. Hugs and Prayers
special kay
on 9/20/05 6:54 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks for the laugh Chad! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I hope its a successful surgery! Keep us posted. Kay
& Then Some
on 9/20/05 8:02 am - in, FL
2cute! Good Luck!! Post when you can!
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/05 8:20 am - Milwaukee, WI
You survived the liquid pre-op! Congrats! And tomorrow's the big day! Wishing you smooth sailing and a speedy recovery! Jen
Stacey G
on 9/20/05 9:49 am - Stow, OH
Very funny! 28lbs is awesome, a great way to start your way on the losing side of life!! Sending lots of postive thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!! Stacey
daisymae
on 9/20/05 11:00 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Chad, What can I say???? You are hilarious!! Listen, best of luck tomorrow. Take a warm , get a good night's , and wake up tomorrow knowing that at the end of the day you will be on the road to a new and healthy life! Carol
Merrickkitty
on 9/20/05 12:02 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Chad, That was an hysterical story, and of course I wish (pray) for you a boring- assed uneventful surgery and a speedy-assed recovery!!!! hee hee Hurry Back! Your Cyber Hag, Maureen!!!
David B.
on 9/20/05 3:17 pm - Modesto, CA
Thinking of you Chad. Thanks for that great story.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views