What is a fill???

Ferchie
on 9/17/05 10:59 am - Twin Falls, ID
OK I hear the lap band people talk about fills - what is a fill? Just curious.. Thanks all - Jeremy
Jenn S
on 9/17/05 11:32 am - Seattle, WA
Oh, it's a lap-band thing When we get our bands inflated, it's called a "fill" - that is, we get our bands filled up with saline via the port, and it gives us restriction so we lose weight They are very important to us bandsters! If you aren't losing 1-2 pounds/week with minimal or no hunger, and are following 'the rules' then chances are you need a fill. Most docs give you your first fill 4-6 weeks after surgery, and then you get one each month until you hit your 'sweet spot' (losing 1-2lbs/week, not hungry) - most people take about 3 fills to get there. HTH, ~Jenn
stephenw
on 9/17/05 12:03 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ
Hmm double entendres all over this post ;)
Ferchie
on 9/17/05 3:47 pm - Twin Falls, ID
What the heck is a double entendre???
P566
on 9/17/05 5:14 pm - SoCal., CA
In this case I think it's a boy thing. What is a fill? Hmmm. Is it like copping a fill ? Nah, that can't be right-- it's what Jen said. Final answer.
stephenw
on 9/18/05 11:50 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
A double entendre is a figure of speech similar to the pun, in which a spoken phrase can be understood in either of two ways. The first, literal meaning is an innocent one, while the second meaning is often risqué and requires the hearer to have some additional knowledge. Although a French term, the French generally say double entente or double sens for such phrases. *Wikipedia.org*
stephenw
on 9/18/05 11:51 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
A double entendre is a figure of speech similar to the pun, in which a spoken phrase can be understood in either of two ways. The first, literal meaning is an innocent one, while the second meaning is often risqué and requires the hearer to have some additional knowledge. Although a French term, the French generally say double entente or double sens for such phrases. *Wikipedia.org*
stephenw
on 9/18/05 11:53 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
oops! double post
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views