I gots me some apnea

Merrickkitty
on 9/17/05 1:20 am - EAST BAY, CA
I had my overnight sleep study at the Dr.'s office, and what a miserable night of sleep it was. I got there about 8 minutes early, which was 1 and 1/2 hour early in reality. It too****il 12:30-1:00 to wire me up for the thing. At first it was like what I imagine getting hair extentions must be like, then, 500 leads, tape, & goo my, face was essentially ace bandaged up so I looked like Hannibal Lechter (fava beans and a nice chianti memories)! THe Doc and I got pretty humorous about it, so don't get me wrong, I wasn't irritated, its just a long process that isn't conducive to good sleep. So at 3 am, unable to sleep (and listening to the lucky ******* in the next room snoring away), The Doc gave me a 3rd sleeping pill . Well 3rd time was the charm, and slept for about 3 hours. I am wide awake now, but doubt I will be able to last the whole day....but then why should today be any different than any other for the past 3 years! Did anyone watch Mad About You? There is one episode that Paul thinks he has "the apnea" and he goes for a sleep study...to help people sleep, who generally have bed partners was this stuffed human shaped pillow named Betsy. I never say a Betsy at Dr. Leung's office!!!! I was looking forward to that too...haha. We need an emoticon with a cpap mask attached to its face! Maureen
Jenn S
on 9/17/05 3:17 am - Seattle, WA
Oh Maureen! That sounds like quite an ordeal. Poor you! Good that it's over with though!! You'll be a'nappin today! Good luck to your 49er's this weekend - so long as they don't play the Steelers, I'll be on your side (I'm from PA originally)... Jenn (who is feeling almost like herself!)
P566
on 9/17/05 3:33 am - SoCal., CA
I would find it so hard to sleep in a clinic. My sleep study consisted of a monitor that measures breathing and O2 saturation. I did it at home then returned the monitor the next day. Pretty easy thank goodness.
Merrickkitty
on 9/17/05 4:24 am - EAST BAY, CA
The clinic resembled a bedroom, and if the Doc lets me I want to get a pic of me next time looking like ole Hannibal!!! Next time, you ask? I have to do the same thing when he gets my CPAP machine so we can calibrate it! Calgon, take me away, again! Jenn - I am a Steeler fan when they are not playing the Niners!!!! Go Niners, Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views