Day 3 Post-Op Report

Jenn S
on 9/15/05 2:57 am - Seattle, WA
Hi all, In case you're interested, here's my post from my family/friends blog updating my progress from Monday's surgery! So, yesterday brought several turning points. - I took a shower - not much on earth can make you feel more human than a shower! - Removed the dressings - I got to see my incisions, which are really not that bad. Four of them are literally smaller than 1 cm, one is about 1.5 cm and 1 is about 2 cm. They don't really hurt, but the biggest one is sore...I'll take it over a big "open" incision any day! - Stopped the narcotics - I realized yesterday morning that most of my problem was feeling nauseous and dizzy - so I stopped the drugs at 6 a.m. yesterday and switched to liquid ibuprofen. It's working just fine with no side effects! - My um, intestines "woke up" - no details here, but anyone who has ever had surgery knows that this is a true turning point in your body's healing and in feeling normal. - Visitors Galore! I had four visits yesterday, all were short, but I was up for it which was good! I slept well again without waking up for over 8 hours, which is fantastic. I'm still tired out surprisingly easily at times when I don't expect it at all. I didn't make it to the coffee shop 1-block from my house yesterday, but did start off today with a decaf soy mocha which I walked over and got for myself (DP was along of course for moral support and to pick me up in case I tipped over... Here's the thing though: I know I'm doing this recovery thing right because I'm not stir crazy, bored or frustrated. At times I really just lay down and relax and think about nothing. Those who know me know how big a deal that is! I'm hoping for continued improvement daily. Stay tuned. ~Jenn
Jessica D.
on 9/15/05 6:16 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey Jenn! Did you really say, "in case you're interested???" Of course we're interested!!! We're a family!!! You're sounding wonderful. Any surgery can have a rough few post-op days, but for you, so far-so good!!!! You take it easy, though. Not too much too soon. Get on the computer and write us...I know you're bored, but you can do some research into your new post-op diet, or play games on Yahoo, or just do a little knitting!!! ---does anyone knit anymore??? Glad you're doing well. Here's to the first days of the rest of your life !!! Jessica
Merrickkitty
on 9/15/05 11:05 am - EAST BAY, CA
Jenn, Well, I am glad that you are doing so well. How long will you be off work? You were pretty ambitious getting decaf three days after surgery....I hope I am that chipper! Maureen
Jenn S
on 9/15/05 6:25 pm - Seattle, WA
actually, i stopped for coffee on the way home from the hospital!!! my surgeon actually suggested it (do you like coffee? grab a latte on your way home...) i live in seattle, it's in my blood plus, it was some calories which i desperately needed! double-tall-decaf-soy-mocha all the way, baby!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views