timing of blood test

mojave
on 9/13/05 2:11 am - Providence, RI
hi everybody - when did you have your pre-op blood test? I am going today for it - my sugeon's office told me that it was the last thing i had to do before I could have my appointment with the surgeon to talk and schedule a date. Chances are, the appointment won't be for a few months, and then the surgery a few months after that. Yesterday when I was at the hospital for the pulmonary tests, the nurse told me that she was surprised that I had to go through the blood test so far away from my eventual surgery date because the results might not be valid in four months so why not just wait until then. I'd be interested to know when you all had your blood test. thanks!
& Then Some
on 9/13/05 7:21 am - in, FL
I had mine a week before my surgery. Not sure why he wants them now, unless he wants a baseline. You'll probably have them again just prior to surgery.
ChaadMN
on 9/13/05 10:24 am - Otsego, MN
Well, I had 2 blood tests. The first one was with my initial consultation, the second I had yesterday at my pre-op physical with my PCP. Hope this helps!
Merrickkitty
on 9/13/05 11:55 am - EAST BAY, CA
I had blood tests in July before my initial appointment with the RN and Dietition. I am having more done 9/23 (2 months later.) Mostly because they found out I am diabetic, and need to ensure my A1c % is low enough for surgery. You may need to repeat the tests before surgery if it is several months away...so do not be too surprised if that comes up. Maureen
Meltingman
on 9/14/05 5:32 am - Malvern, PA
I had several rounds of blood test. One for the surgeon (probably two months before surgery) and one for my pre-admission which was a week before my surgery. Chip
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views