A REALLY CRAZY QUESTION...

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/05 6:58 am - AL
Ok, so here it goes... I'm not anywhere near thinking of planning plastic surgery, nor am I anywhere NEAR wanting to have a child/children. But, this is making me have a few concerns. When I get close to goal, I definitely want to get a full body lift, if necessary, definitely a tummy tuck and arm lift. However, I want to have kids within the next ten years, if possible, and well, what should I do first? I'm losing the weight, feeling better, but should I have a kid BEFORE plastics or have plastics then a kid? I know this is long term, and I have plenty of time to think of it, but my main concern is, when a woman gains pregnancy weight, would that affect a tummy tuck? hmm anyone ever think about this? -beth-
P566
on 9/12/05 10:37 am - SoCal., CA
Hmmmm. Nope never thought about it and really don't know the answer. I think you'd probably get some good hits from the main board though. Maybe consider asking a plastic surgeon ?
Merrickkitty
on 9/12/05 11:24 am - EAST BAY, CA
Gee I always thought I'd get my partner pregnant hee hee....I haven't a clue....
sexysweetsweet69
on 9/12/05 12:30 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Good question I think that you should probably have your tummy tuck and body lift , your body should get use to the change then after the baby with exercise the body will pop back into place. Just my crazy thinkng. Also you want to enjoy have that sexy body before the 9 months of a big belly comes into play .
daisymae
on 9/12/05 1:05 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Beth, When you are pregnant, your skin stretches along with the rest of you. Since it has already been stretched due to obesity, I think it would be better to wait. HOWEVER....speak to a surgeon, of course for the final verdict. Someone had a great idea about going to the main message board with this question. Also give the OH library a try. I would think that someone has probably addressed this before. Good luck, Carol
jeanette
on 9/13/05 4:58 pm - so cal, CA
well i do think you should have a kid first.my stomack after my daughter has never went back to "normal" but its your decision you have to be ready for it.well also i know with certain tummy tucks the doc will ask you if you plan on having any kids because i think they tighten the stomack muscles to look like you have been working the abs out for a while like the 6 pack affect. im pretty sure ive heard this before but ask a doc to be sure. good luck on your decision!! jeanette
Cheri B
on 9/15/05 1:30 pm - Forked River, NJ
Hey Beth- I am definitely planning on having a child when I reach the two year mark. I do not think it would be worth it to have a tummy tuck, look great, and then stretch it all out again. I am going to wait it out until then. My SO is done having children, so she is considering the tummy tuck now. Hope this helps! -Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views