Hi family

sexysweetsweet69
on 9/10/05 11:32 am - Milwaukee, WI
I just wanted to let you know that my wls journey has been one that I will never ever forget. I have been denied over and over again by my insurance company, I decided to put the ball in my employers hands since my company is self funded and let them tell me NO. Well I talked to the hr lady who is handling my appeal, I told her that It has been a month since she has had my appeal, and if she could give me an update. Her response was that she was preparing her response and that she would send it in the mail to me. Even though I have been rushed from work because of power outage where I climbed the stairs then the ambulance had to come get because I couldn't breath , then my supervisor sprayed perfume in my face which caused me again to be rushed the emergency room via ambulance to emergency , I still don't think they will cave in. I have every intension of hiring an attonery to take this to the next level if necessary. I will contact any and everyone to let them know my story because this is unbelivable. I have given 110% to my job. They don't give a rat's Azz about me. And I know that now. So I am ready for what every response they give me. I think that if my pcp tells them that wls is needed for back, knees and feet , sleep apnea , lung restrictions etc, that it is discrimination to approved, 1 of my co workers for back surgery then anther coworker for knee surgery then another for bunion surgery on both feet, My company is unbelieveable. I never ever thought that I would have to fight to live , and still have to pay insurance every month. Sorry I just had to vent I am just so depress, With my bmi being so High 72.8 i don't thing that I am going to make it and I am so scared.
daisymae
on 9/10/05 11:45 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Dear Sherry, You have had a very hard time with this and although I do not blame you for being depressed, now is NOT the time! NOW is the time to get GOOD AND MAD!!! YOU will not take this anymore! You WILL get what is rightfully yours and you WILL get an attorney to represent your interests in this. There are ways to finance this if need be, but first turn that depression inside out and get angry, because the depression will not do anything for you, but anger can be very motivating. Good luck to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Carol
special kay
on 9/10/05 11:45 am - Ladson, SC
Awww Sherry, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. You keep fighting and doing whatever you have to do to win this. I will keep praying for you that everything ends in your favor. Keep the Faith and know that GOD is with you every step of the way. Take Care Kay
Nomorehunger
on 9/10/05 12:03 pm - Forked River, NJ
Sherry, I haven't been on in a while and was thinking about your story tonight. You are the whole reason I signed on. I was hoping to hear you had gotten approved. I am sorry to hear that you are still going through this nonsense. I hope you keep fighting. There is no reason why you should not be approved. I think going to an attorney is a wonderful idea. Go for a consult and see what some have to say. Keep fighting, don't give up! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Julie
Merrickkitty
on 9/10/05 12:12 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Sherry, You are justifiably angry. I am pissed off about it, and I know you only through this message board. I think it is terribly unfair, and if it is a covered benefit with your insurance, and you obviously meet and exceed NIH's definition of Morbidly Obese, it really appears to be a discrimatory decision on your company's part. Very unwise for both. What about getting covered under your partner's plan? I realize your company SHOULD do the right thing, but in the end, isn't getting the surgery the means that will enable you to get healthy? I would purse both avenues if I had two avenues available to me!!!! (just a thought) Most especially if you are scared for your life. I too started the program at Valley Care at a very high (73.7) BMI, and that is why I got into the program, I was scared (and am) for my life. Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/05 11:11 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Sherry, I feel so much for you! I wish you worked where I did because you wanted have to deal with the BS. I'm in Milwaukee, too, and know that the media here is very responsive to stories such as yours. Especially Fox 6 that has followed one WLS patient from start for 2 years. What about contacting them? Or the Journal-Sentinel? Hang in there, girl. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Jen
David B.
on 9/11/05 1:46 am - Modesto, CA
Sherry, I am on my way to Chursh this morning with the names of many people on my heart because of 9-11, but you my friend will also be brought up in my prayers. I am so MAD at these people for not seeing how un-just it is for you to live in fear. I liked the ideas that everone has said. Turn that depression into anger. Call the TV stations and the papers. If you are paying every month you need to ne taken care of. I-we-are all here for you. Keep venting we need you. On the journey, David
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/05 1:43 pm - AL
((((((((((((((((SHERRY))))))))))))))))) Honey, contact your state insurance rep, tell him the problem, also get a hold of the obesity lawyers and email Gary V for advice or guidance. Don't give up NEVER let them get you so down you want to give up You're a fighter, that's evident. I know how you feel. I had to self pay. I absolutely HATE the fact that insurance companies give obese people the hardest time when OBESITY is a KILLER... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I do share your anger, but I'm sending you happy thoughts and I am keeping you in my heart and prayers. Sorry for not responding sooner, too. Don't give up honey, there IS a way, we'll find it.
dat317studd
on 9/11/05 2:35 pm - Evansville, IN
I am so sorry about all of this Sherry!!! I can't believe with a BMI as high as yours is, they wouldn't grant you the surgery right away!!! Don't ever say that you are not going to make it, if you have God, you will survive this. I pray that good things come your way here in the next few weeks. You have got a lot of people praying for you!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views