Question to the post-ops

ChaadMN
on 9/10/05 12:29 am - Otsego, MN
Right now if I were to eat a big meal I would at some point get a feeling of "being full". Is there a difference in the physical sensation between feeling full before surgery vs. the full feeling you have after surgery?
N. Leonguerro
on 9/10/05 3:05 am - Chapel Hill, NC
As I understand it from my surgeon, our pouch doesn't really give us that 'full' feeling until 6 to 8 weeks out. It's still healing, and all the nerves aren't awake yet. Usually I start to burp or hiccup, and that's a sign that I'm full. I also get a weird tightness in my chest if I've eaten my limit. I make sure I measure my food at ¼ to make sure I don't over eat. Depending on what it is, I am able to eat it all. Other times, I get the "full" feeling before I'm done. Still, the feeling for me has never been the same as feeling full before the surgery.
& Then Some
on 9/10/05 6:18 am - in, FL
Hi Chad If I eat slow the first sign is burping for me too. If I eat a little fast or don't stop when I get a uncomfortable sensation in my chest it starts to hurt. If I don't stop then I hurt A LOT and end up in the bathroom. Also, like Neshia, sometimes I can eat 4-6 oz (thats the size my doc made my pouch) and other times it can be the same thing and I can only eat a couple of bites before I start to hurt. Anyway, my experience is that it's different after surgery. The pouch is up in the chest area and if we don't listen to our bodies it hurts way more than the old stomach did.
David B.
on 9/11/05 1:22 am - Modesto, CA
That is it. I feel it in my chest. It is funny when I am getting full my nose starts to run, and I hiccup. Last night I was able to eat very little and the pain in the chest was bad and I eneded up in the bathroom, but the night before almost the same food I was able to eat more. I go for soups still and soft food and I am almost 4 months out. Protien first then anything else. That is what I was told. David
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/05 1:24 pm - AL
Before surgery, I could eat and eat and EAT and eat some more and go make myself throw up and eat some more gross, I know ok when I was a week or two out, I could eat say, two bites if any, and start feeling nauseous or just plain gross... I wouldn't push past that when I was a few months out, if I ate until I "felt" full or that pressure, I'd stop... if I took that "one last bite" then my nose would run (still does today) and I would have hellacious burps, or hiccups, rather, or I'd get really dizzy and basically end up dumping currently, I'm almost 8mos postop...I can eat much more, but still not as much sa 4oz at a time. I ALWAYS hiccup when I'm full and if I take one more bite after I hiccup, my nose runs BIG TIME... HTH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views