Pureed foods

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/05 11:26 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I saw my DR yesterday for my 2-week post-op check-up. He was pleased with my progress and told me I could move to pureed foods. YEAH! Mush never tasted so good! But I'm amazed at how different a 1/4 cup of pureed scrambled eggs feels in my tummy than a 1/4 cup yogurt or soup. It's so weird! And it takes longer to eat the eggs than the yogurt. All this discovering and learning is making my head spin! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. The best part, though, is now that I'm on pureed, Rose and I can "eat" together again. Jen
& Then Some
on 9/9/05 12:36 am - in, FL
It's definitely a learning process, baby steps.. It's cool to read your posts.. I'm going yeah, I remember that and yeah thats how I felt..
Meltingman
on 9/9/05 4:23 am - Malvern, PA
Jen, Congratulation on the move to the mush step. I learned to love fat free refried beans. You will find that some foods fill you faster than others and make you feel differently. At 2 months and two weeks I still can't eat chicken skin without feeling a little sick and get filled very quickly with dense meats like steak or pork. Chip
Stacey G
on 9/9/05 4:26 am - Stow, OH
Hi Jen - It is great when you get to move onto the pureed stage. I remember feeling that way and then counting down the days till I was done with the pureed stage. I so cannot tolerate scrambled eggs !! I did really well with pureed egg salad though. It is very weird. Each step is a learning process and it is very odd when you can have something today that tastes good and sits great then tomorrow the same thing is the exact opposite! Enjoy your meals with Rose! Stacey
ChaadMN
on 9/9/05 10:54 am - Otsego, MN
Sounds like your doing great! Good Luck with the mush!
Merrickkitty
on 9/11/05 1:34 am - EAST BAY, CA
Mmmmm.....baby food!!!! Try some Instone pudding, it's Sly Stallone's brand. Low sugar, high protein, a pure treat!!!! It is expensive, but for the amount you can eat, not bad at all. My sister and I share a can. I am glad everything checked out well. How much have you lost? Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/05 1:51 pm - AL
AWWWWWWW My little girls' growing up SO darned fast hehe girlie, you've gotta try chicken pot pie pureed... hey, at least it sounds good to me right now LOL I wasn't ever on pureeds for long, I just stuck with grits and mashed taters
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views