OT~Birth Control Pills

special kay
on 9/8/05 4:05 am - Ladson, SC
Hey Family How is everyone today? Ok I have been having very irregular periods for the past year. Its very heavy and some months I dont even get one. So my Gyno. gave me a hormone pill to take for 10 days to make my period come on. She also wants me to take Birth Control Pills to regulate me because she said the heavy periods is something I dont need since my iron is already low. Anyway, I have never taken Birth Control pills before so I have a question...... I was reading the Pill pack and it says to start on a Sunday after you period starts. Does that mean I should take the pill on Sunday even if I'm on my period or wait til its off and take it the following sunday??? I dont mean to sound so clueless but I am Thanks, Kay
murmurs
on 9/8/05 5:34 am - Lake Ariel, PA
Hi Kay! Birth Control pills are a good option for women whos periods are heavy, but two things to remember, they can put weight on you, and depending on the type of pill, they might not be absorbed the same way as people with normal bowel structure However, you should take the pill on the sunday following your period, even if you are still on your period... for example, you start your period today(thursday), and still have it Sunday, you would start your pills on Sunday! Hope this helped you out! Good Luck!! Damn those nasty periods...UGHHH~ ~michelle~
special kay
on 9/8/05 5:56 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks for the reply Michelle. My biggest worry is the weight gain. Something I DONT need. Thanks again, Kay
Jessica D.
on 9/8/05 5:34 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey girlie, First thing's first: if you have any questions, or any concerns, no matter how small, you call your OB back and ask his nurse. I'll tell you the correct answer, because I know it, but I don't ever want to see anyone taking medications that they've not been entirely educated on. They weren't clear to you---so you owe it to yourself to ask those questions so you know what you're putting in your body. Take the pill on the Sunday after you begin your period, even if you're still bleeding. Be good, Jessica
special kay
on 9/8/05 5:54 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks Jessica for the info. My Gyno did explain and I thought I understood but I was just kina worried about the weight gain everyone talks about from taking Birth Control Pills. She said I should not gain with this kind ( ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN). I will talk to my Surgeon more about it when I see him next week. Kay
Cheri B
on 9/8/05 1:52 pm - Forked River, NJ
Since you are pre-op, the Orth Tri Cyclen will work well. It is a very low dose, usually used for those who are in your situation (irregular periods). It also works wonders for your skin--say bye bye to zits for a while. I used it as well for a while for the same reason. I gave it up for one reason though---and it took almost 6 months to realize it. I did not want to be intimate anymore. AT ALL. My SO and I were fighting over that fact and I couldn't understand what was wrong with me. After some research, I figured it out. While it does not affect everyone in the same way, just be aware--good luck to you! -Cheri
special kay
on 9/8/05 1:56 pm - Ladson, SC
Thanks for the info Cheri. I like the idea of it being good for my skin. So its gonna mess with my sex drive huh? It cant hurt any worse than it is now. I dont know whats wrong with me. I think its because I'm so unhappy with my weight I get ashamed to even let my partner of 5 years see me. Thanks again Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views