Sick of meat

Meltingman
on 9/2/05 2:10 am - Malvern, PA
I just have to vent a little. I'm going through one of those days where nothing tastes good. I am so sick of eating meat. No matter how I cook it, I just am tired of it. I did eat some peanut butter for breakfast today and decided to do a protein shake for lunch. I may try a little tofu for dinner tonight but I CAN'T EAT ANOTHER morsal of meat for a while. YUCK! If you have any creative suggestions for getting in my protien I'd appreciate them. On a good note I'm unofficially down 80lbs. Chip
& Then Some
on 9/2/05 2:16 am - in, FL
I hear ya, feeling the same way. I'm not a creative cook, so can't help ya. I've been eating some carbs with the meat. I don't think thats so bad, it's natural to crave what has been left out. Just make good carb choices like veggies and whole grains. Good luck and maybe someone has some helpful creative protein dishes
David B.
on 9/2/05 9:53 am - Modesto, CA
I am eating some nuts. There is good protien in them. I know, I was told not to eat them because they are easy to graze on, but each nut has 1 gram of protien. I also get soy chips at Trader Joe's and dip them in hummus dip. Great protien. I drink the Pure Protien drinks from TJ's also. Some are 35 grams and some are 21 grams. I brew some decaff in the morning and mix that in there, eat a poached egg 7 grams with some oatmeal 7 more and start my day with 49 grams of protien right away. Now at night it is tough to eat much of anything. I do the Atkins Praliens and Cream protien bars. 21 grams and tasty too. I will eat chicken and some beef, but enough already. The low carb diet cook books are good for ideas. Atkins and South Beach have great meal ideas. Good Luck, I hear ya and feel the pain. Way to go 80 lbs. that is great. I am still only at 55 but 10 lbs. from the onederfuls. David
Merrickkitty
on 9/2/05 11:05 am - EAST BAY, CA
1. Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Not too much more and you'll leave those 300's for good!!!! 2. I am sick of meat, and I am pre-op! 3. Iso-Pure makes a fruit punch (not bad, not sweet though) packs 40g's of protein!!! 4. Cottage Cheese 11 grams per 1/2 cup, And it is a chamelon because it can take on the taste of what ever it is mixed with! Well....Since I am sure many others have lots of good ideas...I am stopping there.... Have a wonderful weekend!!!! Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/05 3:19 am - AL
I just mix in some Unjury (unflavored) protein powder in my yogurt or pudding when I get sick of meat, OR make you some power/protein balls.
& Then Some
on 9/3/05 11:01 pm - in, FL
how do you make the power/protein balls?
Cheri B
on 9/4/05 10:23 pm - Forked River, NJ
Hey Chip--I am a Junebug too (6/29) I am sick of meat too...sick of chewing it and chewing it. I don't know if you have ShopRite in PA, but they carry soy chips in the organic aisle. They are made by GenSoy. You can also find them on the web. I have heard a lot of good stuff about Trader Joes, but they are few and far between. (There are only two in Jersey) GenSoy has a lot of different flavors for Soy chips (and Soy nuts too)--they are great for that 'crunch' and have protein galore. I have also been making my protein shake with skim milk..so on top of the 40g of protein from the shake, I am getting 8g more with 8 oz. of milk. It's a really good start to the day with a huge dose of protein. I love milk...always have and I just hope that I never become lactose intolerant because I would go nuts!!!! It's all a matter of finding what tastes good to you. My SO loves salad, so she packs it with protein...her normal salad is 3/4 cup of lettuce, one whole hard boiled egg, 1/8 cup shredded cheddar, bacon bits, chopped grilled chicken, cucumber and carrots. It sounds like a lot, but she takes about a 1/2 hour to eat it. Good luck to you and congrats on the eighty pounds!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views