Prayers for a Failure

Ann B.
on 8/27/05 7:51 am - Dallas, TX
Hi, It has been so long since I have been here. I have been too ashamed to show my face. I have regained 10-15lbs. I haven't been able to exercise and my eating is out of control. I never imagined I would be in this position. I have been so depressed at being 2yrs+ out and still no where near goal. I hate being the fattest person everywhere I go. The doctors have checked my stoma, pouch, etc and nothing is wrong. I have just lost so slowly. 423lbs to the high 290's in just not enough. I don't know how to regain my motivation to get back to exercising every day, doing protein drinks, eating right, etc. I have tried and it is just not coming back. I am discouraged and sad. I thought I might come here and tell the truth and maybe it would help. Good luck to you all. Ann RNY 3/7/3 Bariatric Treatment Center Wylie, TX
sexysweetsweet69
on 8/27/05 10:29 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Ann, As a person who is at the weight of 423 where you were, you have reached the goal where you have lost 133 pounds, that is such an accoplishment. Sometime we get in slumps, it happens. I don't know how you were healthwise At 423 pounds, I am miserable. If you felt that way then use that as motivation to get back on the right path, also pray it does help. I have been fighting my insurance company for almost a year and a half just to get approved. I still havent won my battle I am in pain all the time and can't breath. Maybe a workout budding or find a member that may be going through the same thing that you are going through and maybe you can help each other. Just pray for motivation. I Pray that I will get wls to live. I will pray that you get the motivation you need to get pass this hurdle.
Jenn S
on 8/27/05 10:49 am - Seattle, WA
Ann, I don't know how this works, but there's a woman on the lap-band board who had a similar thing happen and she got a lap-band installed *after having had RNY* and has seen success. Again, I'm not sure how this works or if it's any sort of option that you'd consider, but it might be worth looking into... Either way, you're not a failure, it sounds like you may just be one of the unlucky ones for whom RNY is not the golden ticket...you have lost an incredible amount of weight - maybe your body just needs time to do it - but either way, I'd be frustrated too. Is there a support group in your area? I always find being around successful people is motivating. Just an idea. Hang in there!!! ~Jenn
David B.
on 8/27/05 12:54 pm - Modesto, CA
Ann, I am so sorry to hear what you have to say. I too have to say to you that you have done a great job. It may not be what you wanted, 423 to say 299, is 124 lbs gone. That is a small person gone. Your body should feel better. I know I am complaining about not losing like others, but it is not always what I want. We are all different and we all lose at different rates. I have read posts of people that have fought to have surgery and they lose the insurance battle, but they keep trying. You are one of the lucky ones that had WLS, have made it 2 years. Go back to the basics. Remember, it was never easy. The protien shakes, all the water, trying to get food down, and the exercise, wasn't and isn't easy. But, being unhappy at your highest weight, walking, putting on clothes, feeling tired all the time is hard. I am so happy that you posted and told us all the truth. We need to hear that it is different for all of us. You are very welcomed here, and we will love you no matter what you decide to do. As far as gaining 10 to 15 lbs. SO WHAT? That can come off as easy as it went on. You know that. I am not being a butt head, I really want you to keep in touch with me. I need you here. I don't have an angle and I would like for you to be mine. We can be there for each other. I need you. David
& Then Some
on 8/27/05 10:43 pm - in, FL
Hi Ann I too am glad you came back to the board. Prior to having my surgery I spoke with a few people who had WLS years ago and I learned about the "honeymoon period", ie. time that it was easy or easier to lose wt. - It varies from person to person, 6 months to 2 years, then they started to struggle and gain back some of the weight. I understand your frustration. It's hard not to feel bad, but it's not that uncommon and 15 is better than 50! It's good to have a support group and I have to brag a little that we are a good group. I'm sure you can see that with the responses you've received so far. Keep reminding yourself how far you have come.
Meltingman
on 8/28/05 12:15 am - Malvern, PA
Ann, Don't throw in the towel. Try everything to get back on track, support group, surgeon, nutritionist etc. Keep up you excercise and healthy eating habits and keep in touch with us. This is one biggest fears. I think we all fear weight gain. We just need to support one another and get through the rough periods. Chip
daisymae
on 8/28/05 12:58 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hi there, Just want to add my 2 cents here. Losing over 100 lbs is wonderful, but I know how frustrated you must be. Like Jenn, I have heard that some people who have had the RNY have had the band afterwards to speed their weight loss. I know someone who had the band put on after DS surgery and she lost ALOT after that. It is good that you have come back to the boards for support at this stage. Please keep coming back and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck. Carol
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/05 5:56 am - AL
((((((((((((((((((((ANN))))))))))))))))))))))))) Maybe get a second opinion honey or third opinion sometimes doctors catch things that other's don't see right off Please, keep us all posted, and WE LOVE YOU, and we are ALL here for you and to support you in this time
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views