Hi!!! :)

Jenn S
on 8/22/05 10:00 am - Seattle, WA
Hi all, Ok, I almost want to cry now that I've found the GLBT board! I'm getting the Lap-Band on 9/12 and mostly lurk on the bandster board - but since there are a lot of people there who are well, not exactly the profile of glbt acceptance, I've been a little hesitant to put it all out there. Seems the band is especially appealing to middle-aged Christian women in the mid-west They're all very nice - don't get me wrong - but it's nice to find 'my peeps' . Any other bandsters, or is everyone RNY? Just wanted to say hi! Yay! ~Jenn
special kay
on 8/22/05 10:24 am - Ladson, SC
Hi Jenn I'm not getting the band but I just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the Family. We have a good time here and everyone is so nice and supportive. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! Good luck, Kay
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/05 10:51 am - AL
:::::::::::::hugs::::::::::::: Hello Jenn Welcome to DA BOARD hehe I had the RNY but Banders and anybody else are always welcome! Doesn't even matter if you've had surgery or not How are you? Beth
P566
on 8/22/05 11:03 am - SoCal., CA
Welcome ! The middle aged christians are generally pretty nice until they find out you're gay ! They'll either pray for your soul or outright bast you for being morally corrupt ! I do say some of us here (no names, you'll find out soon enough !)would STILL be morally corrupt EVEN if we were straight I guess SOME of the saved are OK with us....just not the moral minority
Jessica D.
on 8/22/05 12:00 pm - Edmonds, WA
Welcome to our playground, Jenn!!! This is a wonderful place to come and talk, or lurk and learn. There are many supportive RNY survivors (!!), a bunch of pre-ops, and some of us who aren't going to have any kind of surgery, but we need a place to just be ourselves, and feel supported in being so. There are people here on this site who are working to fight their insurance companies so they can have the surgery. You'll find all kinds of folks hanging out here, but we all have two things in common: we need support to get through this weight loss issue, and we're all gay--or at the very least, gay friendly! So, pull up a chair, and hang out with us! You're not alone, no matter how you're planning to get this weight off!! Share your stories, and give some love to those who need it! We're glad you're here! Jessica
Jenn S
on 8/22/05 2:18 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks for your kind welcome! I'm doing ok - a few weeks pre-op and starting to freak out a little, but I know it's going to be ok...but I'm starting 'new habits' and have stopped drinking when I eat and am chewing my food to high heaven. My partner (of 7 years) was sweet and didn't have anything to drink with her dinner either That is hard! However, I noticed I ate a lot less too... Anyhow, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again for the nice welcome - you all look great and happy!! ~Jenn
skye56
on 8/22/05 9:27 pm - Amarillo, TX
Hi Jenn - - I'm mostly a lurker myself, but do find time once in a while to chime in on this board. The folks here are the best. Everyone's accepting and friendly so join in. Don't read my profile - - I've not updated in ages!! Maybe one of these days I'll get it done. Welcome! Vick
& Then Some
on 8/23/05 11:17 pm - in, FL
Hi Jenn, Welcome and good luck with your upcoming surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/05 7:14 am - AL
Hey Jenn umm I already posted, sorry ~b
smaker
on 8/24/05 8:19 am - Dallas, TX
Hey Jenn, welcome! Good luck with your surgery. I had RNY, by the way...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views