Vitamin Choices

Merrickkitty
on 8/21/05 11:21 am - EAST BAY, CA
Hello My GLBT WLS buddies!!! I am overwhelmed with information about vitamins! Help me out, what vitamins are you taking and why? I've looked at Vista, Building Blocks, Bariatric Advantage, Safeway Pre-natal, GNC, Trader Joe's......STOP THE INSANITY (there is a weight loss craze blast from the past!!!) Help Me please!!!! Maureen (just a little...in my mouth)
David B.
on 8/21/05 2:15 pm - Modesto, CA
I started with the Centrum Multi Chewables and chewable Tums with calcium and the B12 you put under your tongue. It was tough but I was able to wash them down with my protien drink. I found out later that the multi, and the calcium don't work together. You have to take them an hour apart. I like the Tums they are good. David
& Then Some
on 8/21/05 9:53 pm - in, FL
I know how you feel ~ it's a crazy vitamin world out there! I started on flintstones, then changed to Bariatric Advantage. They are chewable and the orage ones are the best. Add Biotin for hair. And David's right, take calcium and iron separately.
mylilcalla
on 8/22/05 3:23 am - Bloomington, IN
Hello, I take Flintstones Complete. They are chewable, they taste okay, and they are the vitamin that all the bariatric surgeons in my hospital tell us to take. I take 2 a day as prescribed and I have taken them for the past year and 1/2. All is well so far... I figure if they give me what I need, are easy to swallow and they are reasonably priced, I will stick with them. Take care, Amy
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/05 7:45 am - Milwaukee, WI
I can relate to the quandry. I'm currently taking a centrum kids chewable but I HATE the taste. I also do a liquid B12, but don't know if I can take that after surgery or not. I'd love to hear about vitamins that taste good!
Cheri B
on 8/22/05 11:23 am - Forked River, NJ
Hello...I take two Flinstones with Iron and two Viactive chews a day for calcium (one viactiv in the am and one in the pm). And because I get yelled at everytime I mention Viactiv on here, I did ask my surgeon about it. He told me that as long as I am taking in all my required fluids, Viactiv is fine. Besides...it tastes delicious. I have had two rounds of blood tests since surgery and my bloodwork is "boring" in my PCP's opinion. (That's his attempt at humor). So there ya have it!! -Cheri
skye56
on 8/22/05 9:40 pm - Amarillo, TX
A surgeon I was seeing in Wichita Falls (not the surgeon who did my surgery) told me to take Building Blocks - that they were specially formulated for bariatric patients...........to break down quickly in our system so they would be absorbed better than over the counter vitamins. I have the chocolate flavored, chewable calcium and fruity flavored, chewable multi...........ummmmmm - good. However, the iron isn't chewable, but it is small. That's my two cents worth! Vick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views