dumb question

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/05 12:23 am - Milwaukee, WI
With less than a week before surgery, you'd think I'd have more things to worry about than what I want to list as my start weight! DUH! But I want a baseline for my weightloss. I know some people start with their highest weight. When I saw the dr. in May, I was 316. Then when I saw the dietitian the day before I strated my pre-op liquid I was 317.5. Then when I saw the dr. for my pre-op physical 6 days later I was 308. Now the morning of my surgery, I think I will probably be something like 296-298. So which weight should I pick as my official "beginning" weight? Isn't this stupid? I know, I know. But it's something to obsess about other than food (which I really miss after a week of just 3 protein shakes and a glass of juice a day as my only real caloric intake.) Thanks! Jen
Stacey G
on 8/20/05 12:41 am - Stow, OH
Hi Jen - I guess if it were me, I would choose the 317.5 and not because it was your highest weight. My reasoning is this - you were told to go on the liquid diet as part of your surgery prep (I am so glad my surgeon didn't require that - I feel for you) so in my opinion, that is part of WLS and 317.5 is the weight you began your journey! I also think that it is great that you are finding something else to focus on besides food! If you need anything you are more than welcome to email me. I never questioned whether or not this surgery was the right choice or if I really wanted to do it but as the time drew near my nerves did escalate! Hang in there! Is someone going to post for you so we all know how you are doing? Hugs - Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/05 4:15 am - Milwaukee, WI
Thanks, Stacey. So far, my nerves are pretty good. I'm just so incredibley cranky right now because of the liquid diet. I'm going to ask Rose to post to this board to let everyone know how it goes. (Or to post that I went CRAZY this week from consuming too much chicken broth.)
Merrickkitty
on 8/20/05 1:23 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Jen-O, I'd count the May weigh-in, because it was the day you made the decision to change your life. Now 1 1/2 pounds difference isn't that much, so it really doesn't matter all that much (except when it is gone!) BTW, congrats on getting under 300!!! Take some pre-surgery measurments!!!!! You'll want to know the inches too! Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views