Hair Loss

Nomorehunger
on 8/19/05 2:43 am - Forked River, NJ
Hello, I had my surgery on April 5, 2005 and I have lost 74 pounds. My hair is coming out in clumps. I am not quite sure what to do about it. Does anyone have this problem? My doc said it was from lack of protein. I know that I do not get my protein in because my body can't tolerate the shakes, but I try to eat foods that are high in protein to make up for it. Some people have told me that this just happens after wls. I have cut off 11 inches of hair and I feel like I am going bald. I need Thanks, Julia
& Then Some
on 8/19/05 5:23 am - in, FL
I had my surgery April 6th and have lost about the same. I am noticing my hair is coming out too now, but not in clumps, yet. My doc recommended Biotin from the get go. Check with your doctor or nutritionist - it may help. Keep trying different protein drinks, some are better than others. Also, protien bars - "Zone Perfect" are yummy and have 15/16 grams in them. I heard from others that they still lost hair when they were getting in all the protein, though. They assured me it will pass and we won't go bald! Good Luck
LuvSongs
on 8/19/05 7:33 am - Germany, Germany
Julia I lost several locs I take 2500 mg of biotin a day use a deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner, you have to increase your protien, tuna fish, cottage chesse tilipia, unflavored unjury protien powder works for me I mix it in orange juice, but if you don't increase your protien it will continue to break off. Good luck it will stop eventually I'm 7 months out and it has stopped. Joi
skye56
on 8/19/05 8:16 pm - Amarillo, TX
Joi's right - - biotin is great! I didn't have a problem with losing my hair in clumps......just a few strands there for a while. I began taking building blocks vitamins way back when and still do now. Biotin makes my hair grow quickly even now where I have to get it trimmed about every 8 weeks. Of course, I wear my hair short, but it grows quickly. If you're interested in the building blocks vitamins, you can find them at bbvitamins.com. Vick
Nomorehunger
on 8/21/05 1:30 am - Forked River, NJ
Thank you guys very much for the advice, I am going to give it a try. - Julia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views