DO YOU KNOW

Twirlygirlie
on 8/4/05 7:41 am - Springville, AL
I posted this to another board but didn't get much feedback.....please take a moment and let me know what you think Does anybody know if you can start having symptoms of Alzheimers or Dementia as early as age 33? I'm having a lot of 'episodes' of absentmindedness. Carrying on conversations during the day that I can't recall the details of later. Yesterday I had a conversation with my Regional Manager and can't remember what the hell it was about.....I had to send him an email this morning saying, "sorry, call me blonde if you want but I can't remember what we talked about yesterday." I tried to play it off like I was extremely busy and he called at a bad time but ya'll I'm WORRIED about this. I have been under extreme stress with work but I CAN HANDLE stress. Is it possible that I am about to crack under the pressure? I dont really FEEL like I'm cracking......but this is happening more and more often and now Pam has noticed it too. I'm going to the DR next week but just wanted to get your thoughts. This really scares me because my Mom died with brain cancer and I'm really scared. Love ya'll Kim
David B.
on 8/4/05 7:48 am - Modesto, CA
Kim, I have never heard ofAlzheimer****ting at such a young age. But, then again I don't read up much on it either. I am sure someone here will have some info for you. I do think that you should bring it up to the DR next week. I forget things also, because of all the things I am doing at the same time. But, you do have reason to be concerned. Take a note with you to the DR to remind yourself to ask that. You may also want to jot down what has been going on so you can bring that up when you talk to the DR. I will be sending out the positive vibes to you and pray everything turns out right. David
Cheri B
on 8/4/05 10:10 am - Forked River, NJ
Hi Kim- I am an EMT and in the medical field and I certainly see A LOT. The youngest alzheimer's patient I have had was 46. She was in the last stages at that point. My father is just starting down that road and he is 65. He is taking a "memory" drug at the moment. There are so many things that doctors say can be attributed to the cause of the disease...right on down to elevated levels of aluminum in your blood. The only way to be sure is to have a thorough neurological exam. Stay calm and don't get upset until there is something to be upset about. PS...(I learned this from all of my psych patients) stress can be a HUGE factor in forgetfulness. Take care and good luck! -Cheri
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/05 11:09 am - AL
southerners, that's all beth
dhjle
on 8/4/05 1:12 pm - Tracy, CA
Hey Kim After WLS your B1 (Thiamin) levels should be checked cause low Thiamin can cause memory impairment. Just a thought! Denise
Jessica D.
on 8/5/05 2:11 pm - Edmonds, WA
Hey Kim, Head over to the nursing messageboard. Between all those nurses, someone is bound to know something!!!! Wish I knew more for you. Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views