Alcohol consumption .

P566
on 7/27/05 2:37 pm - SoCal., CA
Any of you Post op's drink ocassionally ? I was just at yet another WLS seminar last night and the surgeon said "No alcohol" post operatively ! Well I LIKE to drink beer ,Margaritas and other stuff from time to time . How does booze effect you now ? I thought this pronouncement of no alcohol was too restrictive. Any words of wisdom from those who know ?
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/05 2:43 pm - Oakdale, CA
LOL! Girly do you ever visit the Cali boards? I always read about those girls drinking. I know for me personally, I think I would have to refrain for at least a few months. But then again, I am a chicken when it comes to things like that.
P566
on 7/28/05 12:00 am - SoCal., CA
Ya know? I rarely go to the Ca board. Usually I peruse the main board for interesting topics. I'll have to pop in on my Ca peeps too. Thanks....no alcohol my A$$....hmph!
David B.
on 7/27/05 3:09 pm - Modesto, CA
Well, I haven't done it yet. But, that doesn't mean I won't someday. Yes, the Cali board had that as a topic this morning. I was with some OH people in Las Vegas and they put away some drinks. It is a lot of empty calories. Most of them drank sugar free (SF) drinks. There are SF mixes that can be used, and they say drink lots of water. I don't think I am interested in the booze. The thing I think about is that I am starting a new journey, a second chance, and this time I want to do it the right way. That is just my 2 cents worth. David
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 6:27 am - AL
Hey Precious... Lemme tell ya my recent experiences *hiccup* Here's how it goes: I was a partier pre-surgery and I'm a partier post-surgery. I drink, a LOT for someone who just had surgery. Recently, I have noticed a stall on my weight loss and I've been having more troubles (circulation, feeling tired) since I've started drinking again. I don't know how to control myself once I get one drink in my system. And that's usually all it takes for me to start buzzing, then after two I'm on the floor... I'd try it when you are six months out or later IF you think you might have to have a drink or two. BUT...I will get flamed for saying that without saying follow your surgeon's advice first...basically it's all left up to you I'm not drinking anything else for the rest of this month (don't laugh I'm serious) I will see if I have a turnaround in my health. I've been retaining water like and just grazing here recently... I've given up my cigs yet again (last two weeks cig-free) and now my booze. I can have a good time without drinking (that's MY personal thought), but I do love booze LOL HTH, Beth
Sally S.
on 7/29/05 6:27 am - Orlando, FL
Dear Prescious, I'm Irish....enough said! So yes, I have had white wine post-op......although pre-op I could seriously dent the bar, post-op I drink about a quarter to a half glass of wine....and thats it. I spoke with my surgeon's shrink who performed my pre-op psych eval about drinking post-op and she cautioned me that a little goes a far way, it causes dehydration, and especially with my family history of alcoholism, some folks become alcoholics post-op because they have lost their "drug of choice", food. So......of course discuss this with your docs, but be aware that drinking post-op, like eating post-op, is very, very different than pre-op and it has different outcomes. Take it easy and very slow, make sure you are at home the first couple of times, and remember its going to hit you like a ton of bricks real fast.....so wear your seat belt! LOL! Now......all that said..........CHEERS! Goddess Bless! Sally 318/265/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views