QUEER AS FOLK ,OHHH BRIAN

sexysweetsweet69
on 7/26/05 2:35 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I am so happy for brian and justin, me and my parnter where just in tears. This may be a stupid question, but . My old gay boss who I came out to for the first time. Left our company after 15 years. She said that her and her girl were moving to canada. I didn't really pay it no mind I just wished her the best. But when I saw queer as folk sunday and lindsey and mel decided to move to canada, can someone please shed some light please. Me and my partner want to get married but we it to legal. I probably should now this but i don't. What states are legal to get married, for gay couple?
Merrickkitty
on 7/26/05 5:02 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Sherry, 1. It was nice to see that after five years of humping, Brian and Justin finally made love!!!! Who'd of thunk it! 2. Love Linz and Mel back together. 3. There are no states in the US that acknowledge same sex marriages. Well, maybe Hawaii still does, it bears some research. Spain, Canada, and the Netherlands are three of four nations that recognize gay marriages. And GOOD FOR THEM!!!!! Do you watch Six Feet Under? I love that show, and I like the fact after the five years on the air, the ONLY stable relationship in the end is the Gay relationship!!!!! Good for them! Chat later Maureen
Jessica D.
on 7/27/05 1:39 am - Edmonds, WA
Did Mel and Lindsey say they were moving to Canada?? I didn't hear that part!! I know that my partner, Pattie and I are planning on moving to Toronto early next year. We can get legally married in any providence in Candada!!!!!! Did you know that Queer as Folk is filmed in the gay district of Toronto? That's exactly where Pattie and I are planning to live. We visited that area this past February and saw the places that QAF film, the bars, the streets, everywhere!!! What a great time! Gay pride flags flying everywhere!!!! Their GLBT community center is awesome! It's very active, and they hold there AA, OA, NA, and all those kinds of community service meetings there--for all, not just GLBT. And their community center feeds the homeless, holds many meetings there and simply bring people together in a way I've never seen it done here in the US. Anyway, we decided last year sometime that we were just OVER Bushwack and his religious agenda, and we're doing our work and getting our immigration paperwork in order. Since I'm an RN, I will qualify as a skilled worker, and that makes it easier to become a resident. The beauty of Canada is that people just expect to allow others to live in peace. There are people from every corner of the world, all co-habitating in Canada--and sharing their backgrounds with a willing community. We loved what we saw, and we're moving on up!! In the US; California used to be legal; til Schwarzennager got in and overturned everything the GLBT advocates had worked so hard for. In Vermont, you can have civil union, but it's no good anywhere else in the US. How ignorant is that?? How is it possible that my two straight friends can marry in any state in the union, and it's legal in every other state in the union, and if I civilly unionize with my girl in Vermont--it's only valid in Vermont??? Can we all scream DISCRIMINATION!!!!!! I'mthinking gay marriage or at least civil unions are legal in Hawaii, too, but I'm not sure. Lindsey and Mel have the right idea!! You could also move to Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, and one more place that's slipping my mind right now and get MARRIED, LEGALLY! Of course, you can't move to the states and be considered married: the US strips you of all of your married rights, the minute you step off the plane. So, bottom line, if you can stand it here, and want to work to get the Bushwacker out of the house (unfortunately he's appointing many just like himself into the most prominent offices in Washington...) stay and fight. As for me and mine, it's time to go. We found many web sites to help us with our journey. Anybody else want to join us?! Jessica 302/265/175
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/05 2:22 pm - Oakdale, CA
It was a great episode for resloving a lot of the issues. Do you all think they are going to make it a perfect happy fairytale? Although it's not legal now, I believe that in my lifetime it will be legal. I just keep reminding myself about all the things that were made illegal (like alcohol) and then later on were legalized (right Beth? you studied enough to tell us about history repeating itself lol). I would move to Canada even if marriages were not legal there! It's so beautiful there. I have only been to the western part though. It's such a different environment than here. I love it! It's so romantic and pretty. I want to go to Torronto where Jessica is talking about.
dat317studd
on 7/31/05 10:17 am - Evansville, IN
There are quite a few states now that are allowing it: Vermont Canada San Francisco (i think)?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views