Great gay/lesbian quotes

dawn D.
on 7/26/05 1:21 pm - plainville, CT
some of these are really great...thought you may enjoy... > When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing > two men and a discharge for loving one. > ~From the tombstone of a gay Vietnam > veteran.~ > > My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those > women out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my > share. > ~Rita Mae Brown~ > > Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I > think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, > "Who'd you call a ******" > ~John Stewart~ > > The one bonus of not lifting the ban on gays in the military > is that the next time the government mandates a draft we can > all declare homosexuality instead of running off to Canada. > ~Lorne Bloch~ > > Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture > or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should > not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons. > ~Letter to the editor: The Advocate~ > > > You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just > have to be able to shoot straight. > ~Barry Goldwater~ > > Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men > holding guns than holding hands? > ~Ernest Gaines~ > > The only queer people are those who don't love anybody. > ~Rita Mae Brown~ > > 'You could move.' ~Abigail Van Buren~, "Dear Abby," in response to a > reader who complained that a gay couple was moving in across the street > and wanted to know what he could do to improve the quality of the > neighborhood > > War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the > Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? > ~The Value of Families~ > > If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come > from? > ~Author Unknown~ > > What is straight? A line can be straight,or a street,but the human > heart, > oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains. > ~Tennessee Williams~,A Streetcar Named Desire, > 1947 > > There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. > People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. > ~Elton John~ > > I'd rather be black than gay because when you're black you don't have to > tell your mother. > ~Charles Pierce~, 1980 > > If gays are granted rights, next we'll have to give rights to > prostitutes and to people who sleep with St. Bernards and to nailbiters. > ~Anita Bryant~ > > The radical right is so homophobic that they're blaming global warming > on > the AIDS quilt. > ~Dennis Miller~ > > Jesse Helms and Newt Gingrich were shaking hands congratulating > themselves > on the introduction of an antigay bill in Congress. If it passes, they > won't be able to shake hands, because it will then be illegal for a > ***** > to touch an asshole. > ~Judy Carter~ > > My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it > were > broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprised horror. > ~W. Somerset Maugham~ > > Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. > ~Author Unknown~ > > I am reminded of a colleague *****iterated "all my homosexual patients > are quite sick" - to which I finally replied "so are all my heterosexual > patients." > ~Ernest van den Haag~ psychotherapist > > > For a long time I thought I wanted to be a nun. Then I realized that > what > I really wanted was to be a lesbian. > ~Mabel Maney~ > > > If male homosexuals are called "gay", then female homosexuals should be > called "ecstatic". > ~Shelley Roberts~ > > My mother took me to a psychiatrist when I was fifteen because she > thought I was a latent homosexual.There was nothing latent about it. > ~Amanda Bearse~ > > Some women can't say the word lesbian... even when their mouth is full > of > one. > ~Kate Clinton~ > > One should never deplore homosexuality more than left-handedness. > ~Towards a Quaker view of Sex~ 1964 > > No matter how far in or out of the closet you are, you still have a next > step. > ~Author Unknown~ > > People who can'think of anything else but whether the person you love is > indented or convex should be doomed not to think of anything else but > that, and so miss the other ninety-five percent of life. > ~Robert Towne~ > > It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. > Its like disapproving of rain. > ~Francis Maude~ > > The closet is an awful place to die. > ~Author Unknown > > To hear two American men congratulating each other on being heterosexual > is one of the most chilling experiences- and unique to the United > States. > You don't hear two Italians sittihng around complimenting each other > because they actually like to go to bed with women. The American is > hysterical about his manhood. > ~Gore Vidal~
Jessica D.
on 7/26/05 1:39 pm - Edmonds, WA
Dawn, those were absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you! I forwarded that post to all my gay and gay-friendly friends!! You ROCK!!!!!!!! Jessica
David B.
on 7/27/05 8:12 am - Modesto, CA
Thanks. Those are great. David
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/05 8:27 am - AL
I this, thanks for sharing
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views