Surgery tomorrow....

Missa
on 7/24/05 5:02 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Well, my surgery is scheduled for 11am tomorrow morning. I have been going through all the typical emotions--extremely nervous, extremely excited, and feeling scared out of my mind!!! I am lucky to be surrounded by a great support system...and I trust my doctor so I know everything will be fine--it's just a matter of making it through the next 24 hours or so..... Just wanted to thank everyone that's sent me words of encouragement and support over the past few months--it has meant so much to me!! This site and it's members has become a wonderful source of information, honesty, humor, and support...so THANKS!! Wish me luck!!! Melissa
TheRealMe
on 7/24/05 5:26 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Melissa, I'll keep you in my thoughts for tomorrow .... maybe you can watch Queer as Folks tonight and take your mind off the surgery. My surgery is on Sept 20 and I'm the first of the day ...UGH ...not an early riser so would have been happier with your 11am time frame ...but guess that means I won't have as much "wait and worry" time that day at least. May the anethesia take effect quick ..and the pain killers after even quicker Jody
Disneyfreak
on 7/26/05 4:29 am - Willow Grove, PA
Jody, In reply to the following: "My surgery is on Sept 20 and I'm the first of the day ...UGH ...not an early riser so would have been happier with your 11am time frame ...but guess that means I won't have as much "wait and worry" time that day at least." I remember this from three years ago... as my surgery was August 21, 2002... and it still comes back to me in many ways at least once a week still! I was not an early riser... and did not usually go to bed until very late. ****pt third shift hours due to taking care of my dad for 8 years on the third and first shift hours.) This is going to sound nuts, but I stayed up all night worrying whether or not I packed every thing I could have wanted or needed while I was in, chatted on another site for WLS, where they hosted a send off for me, and IMed various friends as well, not to mention that it started to set in that my life was going to change forever. I had my surgery set for 7 am... and had to be at my hospital by 5:45 am... and because we were taking public transportation down, it meant we had to leave by quarter after 4 am. When getting the call to report, I had said that I wouldn't be able to make it there at exactly 5:45 am, but that I would make it as close to that as possible. After walking the block and a half from the train station to the admission's center, with stopping because I was in need of stopping from my heavy state, I got there about 5 minutes late. It was no worry, because most of those in the admission's center were for early morning surgery. I did figure that I was going to be sleeping for the most part of the day. Also, with regard to being at a later time, unless your surgeon calls to cancel the day before, you are at least guaranteed to have your surgery that day. I'm not sure about your surgeon, but I know mine usually books surgeries that are going to be problem cases, usually either the heaviest patients, ones with the most Co-Morbs, or severe allergies to latex or other things thac could cause serious problems, like anaphylatic shock or even death, for the first cases of the day. With anyone having their time set for after the first two surgeries of the day, it could be possible to be cancelled if too many surgeries are booked. I know that usually my surgeon books between 3 and 5 surgeries on his OR days, performing about 12 to 15 surgeries a week. So feel lucky that you are the first case of the day.... you at least know that, unless there is a problem the day before, you are definitely going to have surgery on September 20th. HTH! Mags
jeanette
on 7/24/05 7:39 am - so cal, CA
cONGRAGULATIONS !!!! ill keep you in my prayers ! keep us posted on your recovery and stuff ok ! (((((hugs))))) Jeanette
& Then Some
on 7/24/05 10:26 am - in, FL
Melissa Good Luck!! You'll be on your feet before you know it... the same day in fact! Walk, walk, walk! Give us a shout when your back home as soon as you feel up to it.
Stacey G
on 7/24/05 1:14 pm - Stow, OH
Good Luck and Best wishes!! I know exactly what you mean about the up and down moods! I am going through it myself! My surgery is on Wednesday and am experiencing it now so I can only imagine how it will be 24 hrs before! Be sure and keep us posted on how you are doing!! Hugs - Stacey
smaker
on 7/24/05 1:32 pm - Dallas, TX
Good luck with your surgery on Wednesday!!
Stacey G
on 7/24/05 11:45 pm - Stow, OH
Thank You!!!
smaker
on 7/24/05 1:31 pm - Dallas, TX
{{{{Melissa}}}} I am so glad that you day is finally here! You are going to do great! Good luck with everything and I hope you have a speedy recovery!
P566
on 7/24/05 2:37 pm - SoCal., CA
Melissa; You'll do fine I'm sure as I have my fingers and toes crossed for you I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. Cheers !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views