Ok - I have a question for you post - ops

Stacey G
on 7/20/05 9:55 am - Stow, OH
Alright - A while back I read a post on another board by a women stating that her her husband had been complaining that since her surgery oral sex was difficult for him because she tasted so different and it was bad. She wanted to know if this was normal. I read the responses but there were only a couple and they just talked about her body flushing the fat and that may be the reason. The last I saw she never got like a concrete answer of yes or no and if so how long it lasts. So, what do you all know about this?? Is it true? So on and so forth! For some reason, I felt like this is a board that may give some honest answers! Thanks - Stacey
jeanette
on 7/20/05 5:21 pm - so cal, CA
damn if thats true thatll screw my whole world up LOL im pre op have no idea but i sure would like to know from post ops about what they think
Stacey G
on 7/20/05 10:26 pm - Stow, OH
I would like to know too but no one is responding. Maybe we can take it that if no one answers they have not experienced this problem and that lady's experience was isolated!! Yeah Yeah - I think that is how I am going to view it!
Twirlygirlie
on 7/21/05 2:23 am - Springville, AL
Hey Stacey I am 10 months post op and my SO has NOT noticed a difference. Hope this helps ! Kim
Stacey G
on 7/21/05 4:19 am - Stow, OH
Definitely the kind of answer that I wanted to hear!! Thanks Kim !! Stacey
P566
on 7/21/05 11:06 am - SoCal., CA
Haven't heard anything like this . It's possible her husband is having a problem with his sense of taste. It's possible for drugs to alter our taste. It just doesn't make sense to me that weight loss would cause this.
Stacey G
on 7/21/05 10:13 pm - Stow, OH
I thought it was odd too when I read it but also thought it was a little scary when I read it. Then when there was only a couple responses and both were about how the body is flushing out the fat and that may be the cause it was even more scary. Yes, hopefully it was just him! Thanks!
mylilcalla
on 7/22/05 2:24 am - Bloomington, IN
Hello , Okay I am going to take a stab at this one . I have always stood by the "you are what you eat" thing, and I think it stands very true in the, what you taste like, smell like departments. Different spices like cinnamon, nicotene, onion, garlic, sugar etc, do affect the way your body fluids smell and taste. Perhaps lack of sugar in her diet and the change of foods that she is digesting truly has changed the way she tastes to him. My hopes are that he complains gingerly though. Nothing like knocking her down when she is trying to build herself up! Ouch! Best, Amy
Dawna W.
on 7/22/05 3:05 am - Tucker, GA
Hello, All -- I'm wondering if it isn't because her body is experiencing ketosis. I know our own mouths can taste bad and we can have an unusual body order. Could that affect the way we taste to someone else? Hmmmmm . . . (This is all a guess. I have my surgery on August 2nd, so can't offer any real experience yet.) Love and angel hugz, Dawna W in GA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views