What is the best thing?

Stacey G
on 7/17/05 10:34 pm - Stow, OH
Good Morning: I would really like to hear about what your most positive experience has been or goal you have accomplished or the best part of your journey, etc, regarding WLS. With my surgery date around the corner, (next Thursday) I feel like it would be helpful to me and maybe other pre-ops to remain focused on the positives! Thanks for your support and encouragement!! Stacey
mylilcalla
on 7/18/05 12:31 am - Bloomington, IN
Stacey , Good post~! For me, my quality of life overall is the most positive thing overall. Before my surgery, I knew that my weight was an issue, but it wasn't until I started dropping the pounds that I realized just how much it affected my life. I had to think about things like where can I sit comfortably and safely, where can I fit, can I make it from here to there without being exhausted, etc. It's hard to go past something like that to really taste life. I realize now that my weight held me back from life in ways that I didn't even realize prior to my surgery. Now my world is only limited by what is legal, safe and healthy. I can go anywhere, do anything, and I am now free to be the person that was suffocating under all the fat. I feel like my life is now filled with opportunities and experiences that before I could only dream of and now I can and do take part in every day. I really do feel like a butterfly who has crawled out of my cocoon and taken flight. Life is incredible and awesome when you don't have the fat holding you back, and it is just out there waiting for you to truly experience it. I wish you much luck, health, happiness, and patience during your journey! Take good care, and keep us posted on your progress! Best, Amy
Stacey G
on 7/18/05 2:01 am - Stow, OH
Thanks so much Amy!! What a great reply. Quality of life is so important! I can't wait until I no longer look at a seat and wonder if I should even attempt to sit there or whether it is too hot to take my kids to the park - so on and so forth! I can't wait to feel like a butterfly! What a great analogy by the way! You look great!! Hugs - Stacey
Twirlygirlie
on 7/18/05 12:51 am - Springville, AL
Good morning Stacey! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery......you are definately off to a great start by concentrating on the positives! Here are a few of my favorite things about WLS: * no more back,knee,hip, joint pain * no more high blood pressure * TONS more energy * Way more flexible * Size 9 clothes (from the JUNIOR department !!!!) * Feeling 'normal' for the first time in my life * People looking AT me and talking TO me instead of avoiding me * Self confidence Good luck to you my friend! kim
Stacey G
on 7/18/05 2:05 am - Stow, OH
Hi Kim: Shopping in the junior department! I haven't that since elementary school! No joint pain - More energy - Flexibility (always a bonus) - and SELF CONFIDENCE!! What a great world to look forward to!! I am trying my best to stay focused in the positives and posts like these definitely help! Your pictures are great - you and your gf are very cute together! Hugs - Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/05 5:51 am - AL
Great question First of all, I'm only 7# away from the Century Club... I NEVA coulda done this if I hadn't had surgery I am off ALL my medications (except anti-d's) I don't have to wear my CPAP, but I still do because I haven't seen my lung doc yet to schedule another study to determine I don't have to have it, and well, I can sleep without it, I'm just cautious I am in a size 16/18... and can even fit into a 12/14 depending on what I find... I can walk 3mi without losing my breath No more asthma No more nebulizer No more inhalers No more joint pain No more breathing hard going up stairs or walking a ways No more being embarassed to go out in public No more looking down when I walk No more being ashamed to go out to eat No more sitting by and watching my friends dance, HELL I go dance too now and many, MANY more things... most of all I'm ALIVE and I got to see my 30th Bday...and MANY more ::::::::Hugs:::::::: Beth -93
Stacey G
on 7/19/05 12:05 am - Stow, OH
Wow Beth - Almost 100lbs lost! That is phenomenal! It is hard to imagine reaching that point but I so look forward to it! Congrats on all your awesom positives and thanks for sharing! Hugs - Stacey
kel
on 7/18/05 6:26 am - Arlington, VA
I think other's have said what I would have. It's the being able to shop in normal sized stores, being able to sit in an airplane/bus/car seat without smooshing the person next to you, being able to walk without breathing issues etc. For me it's also some smaller things. Getting in and out of public restrooms. Strangers looking at me and smiling (rather than looking at me out of disgust) Going to the doc for {insert whatever here} and not being told that if i lost weight and quit smoking it would go away. Shopping at goodwill and finding things that fit. Bending over to tie my shoe. Being cruised by hot chicks in the grocery store. Stealing my kids clothing ~ and loaning them mine in return. Crossing my legs. Buying 'normal woman' stockings. Being able to say "no thanks, i'm full" and meaning it. Wearing a bathing suit at the pool *and* not being the heaviest woman there. Being told I'm wasting away. I could go on and on about the small things. And sooner or later I'll hit an amusement park and see how skinny people feel on a roller coaster! {can't 'ford it right now} Kel
Stacey G
on 7/19/05 12:08 am - Stow, OH
Hi Kel - Those are all so many great things! I can't wait to join you all and get past the surgery part!! It is going to be helpful to focus on all these positive things the night before when I am sure I will be stressed to the hilt! Thanks - Stacey 7 days and counting.......................
COBRANAN
on 7/19/05 10:12 am - PORT JEFFERSON, NY
YEAH!! ROLLER COASTER!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views