NEWBIE: POST-OP 3 DAYS

N. Leonguerro
on 7/15/05 8:08 am - Chapel Hill, NC
Im finally home from the hospital and my surgery on the 12th went quite well. I haven't had any pain so far, only from my IV site and a little gas discomfort. I really expected much worse. I'm doing a little walking and trying to drink my fluids...although I "feel" quite full and believe its aggrevating the gas problem. Any suggestions for the gas? I've been taking simithicone and trying to "walk it down" but I still hear and feel it bubbleing around in my tummy.
ruthdebra
on 7/15/05 8:30 am - Palm Springs, CA
Welcome Neshia - and glad you're surgery went well. I didn't have the gas stuff as I had open surgery but it will go away. Or pass, as they say. Just walk as much as you can. Keep up the fluids - it's very important. Ruth
P566
on 7/16/05 11:00 am - SoCal., CA
Ya just got to walk around and get it moving. Glad your discomfort is minimal.
Jessica D.
on 7/16/05 11:27 am - Edmonds, WA
You're on the other side! Congratulations!! What an adventure... Gas is just one of those necessary evils that prevail after laproscopic surgery. Walk, walk, and walk some more. Warm cloths to your abdomen sometimes help. No soda or carbonated drinks whatsoever for now. It will pass in time, I promise! I'm a nurse, and have worked with post-op patients for years. Trust the process, honey. You're on the losin' side!! Jessica
Twirlygirlie
on 7/17/05 3:08 am - Springville, AL
Welcome and congrats Neshia!! It took about 5 days for my gas to be gone after surgery. If your doctor allows it, GAS-X might help some.....but the best thing is WALKING. Good luck to you friend.....hold on for the ride of your life!! Kim
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/05 3:55 am - AL
Hi Neshia! :::::::hugs::::::::: So glad your surgery went well... sorry bout that gas just take the liquid pills of Gas-X and WALK and sit in a chair and bend side-to-side and rotate (if it's comfortable for you, ok?) Walking usually works after about 15-20mins of walking (slowly) if you can tolerate that! Keep posting your questions! We're here to support you all the way Beth -93
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views