New to list

AmandaLillie
on 7/11/05 7:56 am - Des Moines, IA
Hello all! I am new to this list and just wanted to say "hi" and tell you a little about myself. My name is Amanda Lillie, 25 yrs old with a loving partner of (soon to be) 7 yrs. I am scheduled for surgery 07/18/05, next Monday! I took this week off of work thinking I could relax a little, but I am a nervous wreck! Any pre-op tips/advise would be wonderful! Thanks!
ChaadMN
on 7/11/05 9:28 am - Otsego, MN
Hi Amanda! Welcome to our little family! I really can't give you any advice on your surgery seeing how I am still pre-op myself. But if I was you, I would be outside relaxing in the warm sun, reading a book, and trying to keep my mind off of things. Good luck on your surgery next week and let us know how it goes!! Chad
Merrickkitty
on 7/16/05 8:00 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Hey Chad, How is it going? I am back from Tampa....and it was everything I had hoped for! Lol Write when you can Maureen
& Then Some
on 7/11/05 11:29 am - in, FL
Hi Amanda, WELCOME! Pre-op tip.. Try not to eat every meal as if it's your "last meal". (You will be able to eat again). I don't know if your doctor recommended a pre-surgery diet, some do.. it's to help shrink the liver and decrease the risk of puncturing it. Going ez on the food prior to surgery helps this. Congratulations, your new life is just beginning.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/05 11:44 am - AL
Hi Amanda, and WELCOME I'm so glad you joined us and are embarking on a "new life" with WLS. Pre Op Tip: Lose as much as you can NOW... that was my biggest regret pre op. I ate and ate and ate like I would never have that certain food again, and I ended up gaining about 22# before surgery Also, begin exercising now. Even if its for ten minutes, just walk, elliptical, or whatever you can manage. That will help circulation and keep your heart beating strong and you will already be "broken" in to exercise (if you don't already, that is). also, don't forget your chapstick to take to the hospital! Oh another thing, take pre op pics plenty of them, even in the hospital and take progression pics (maybe like on your monthly anniversary of surgery date)? Post op, follow your surgeon's rules to the T. it's vital. you are gonna do just fine honey! Welcome to the family and keep posting!!! Beth -90
comairskycub
on 7/12/05 10:05 pm - Lexington, KY
Amanda, Welcome !!!!! Im sure you are excited and nervous about starting your WLS Journey. We are here for you !!! If you need anything, please let us know!!!! HUGZ to you !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views