I met a hot girl

& Then Some
on 7/8/05 8:43 am - in, FL
The other day when I was walking I stopped to talk to a girl who was walking in the opposite direction. I had seen once before walking. She was nice and yes, hot! Anyway, in our conversation I had shared with her my surgery and my goal. She then asked me what did I have planned or what was my reward when I reach my goal. I thought about it and I didn't have one. I thought getting to my goal is reward enough.. then I thought maybe setting a goal and putting too much emphasis on it would only make me feel like a failure if I didn't make it.. I want to know if ya'll had thought about this and if you had any particular goal/reward for reaching a set wt. I know the story wasn't as racy as it made out to be but then again, I didn't say what happened next!
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/05 12:11 pm - Milwaukee, WI
You big tease! I was hoping for something a little more exciting than "goals". So...did anything happen next???????
Merrickkitty
on 7/8/05 1:51 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Well, I want to meet a hot girl when I am at goal!!!! Actually I am going to Italy or buying a mini-cooper! Anyone else? Maureen
TheRealMe
on 7/8/05 2:56 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
I used to live in Hawaii ...and I have always been intrigued with hang gliding ...no way I would do it when I'm too big to fit in the harness ...so that's my goal....to get to a weight where I'd be able to hang glide..
& Then Some
on 7/8/05 9:52 pm - in, FL
I like your ideas, a trip, a new car, an exciting adventure like handgliding, and meeting a hot girl! That got me thinking more.. I want to do the following when I get small enough. I'm "living on the edge" and rewarding myself with goals throughout my journey: Buy a new MOTORCYCLE - I think just getting under 200 would meet this goal! Go HORSEBACK RIDING (not just trail riding!) - 160 and below. Go on a BACKPACKING with three of my best friends - thats going to have to wait until I'm very close to goal. Jen nothing happened... she's married and just had a baby. But, she's still hot, lives right down the street and I'm sure we will be friends which is with me! Keeps me outta trouble Now, I know you at least have thoughts, ideas, plans for things you want to do when you are light and nimble! DO TELL!
Jessica D.
on 7/9/05 5:00 am - Edmonds, WA
Eye candy!! Isn't it a beautiful thing?! I think, with just under 100 pounds lift for me to lose, I should make some short term rewards...I've lost 30 pounds since January: I can't have the surgery due to the insurance beasts--but I've got a solid month of Adkins under my belt, and it's shed 21 pounds in the past month. So... Let's see... At 50 pounds, I'm going to wear my summer, sleeveless dresses I've stuck in the back of the closet these past 5 years. At 75 pounds: I'm going to Great America with my kids!!!!! And I'm gonna fit into a rollercoaster and scream my butt off when it's going 60 mph straight down!! At 100 pounds, I"ll get a tatoo on my butt!!! Haven't quite figured out what it will be, but it will small and tasteful (since I'm a wimp and can't stand pain!!) What will you all do as you meander toward your goal weight?! Thanks for the fun story Jo-Ell! Jessica 302/271/175 By the way, have you all seen LOGO tv on cable? It's gay/lesbian TV all day!!! Fantastic concerts, movies, and interviews. We love it!
& Then Some
on 7/9/05 5:16 am - in, FL
Alright Jessica! Way to go on sticking to the Atkins and losing 21 pounds in one month! I like your goals, esp. the tatoo! I'm bumming though, cable and direct tv has gay/lesbian channel, but dish (which is what I have) doesn't as far as I know.... poo
ruthdebra
on 7/9/05 12:27 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Jo-Ell Meeting people and talking to them is great! I have met and exceeded my goal and have been celebrating through this journey. This fall, my partner and I are going on a Rainbow Travel Club (through our wonderful Desert Pride Center - email for info) Cruise with about 300 GLBT folks. In January, I am going to New Orleans (if any of you are in that area we'll also be there in November) to meet with a group of OH women from the Over Fifties forum. We call ourselves the SOS (Slightly OFF Sisters) and it will be a blast. If any of you are interested, please let me know. A little off topic but I have to say that support has been and continues to be vitally important to me in this journey. OH has been fantastic, my in person support group is great, and meeting with others really helps me stay on track and has been an important part of this for me. I love giving back what I have received. So - this wise older woman says don't miss any opportunity to meet, eat with, socialize with other wls people. Also - I have not dealt with much homophobia, much more so the opposite. My straight (and that's not all of them) wls friends have been wonderfully accepting and enthusiastic about our issues. And I have to say that I am as out about my surgery as I am about my sexuality which is to say, out in all aspects of my life. Ruth
& Then Some
on 7/9/05 11:53 pm - in, FL
Support is vital to our success ~ Good Advice Ruth! Thanks for the invites! Keep us updated on your exciting adventures and if nothing else, we can, as Jessica said, "live vicariously through you!" L. Jo-Ell
Ferchie
on 7/9/05 3:16 pm - Twin Falls, ID
I plan to do alot of things when I finally can, some big some small. I plan to go swimming, walk around where I live, go back to Yellowstone (and enjoy it), grocery shopping, go to an amusement park, play with my nephews outside, lay on the floor with my cats... there is so much I want to do eventually, I just can't wait!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views