Shoshana is home today!

Shoshana P.
on 7/3/05 10:26 am - Oakland, CA
I just can't thank everyone enough for all their love and support. I had my surgery Thursday afternoon and every moment since then has been a breeze! I have had NO SURGICAL PAIN , NO NAUSEA, NICE NURSES AND DOCS WHO LISTEN, by far, THE MOST POSITIVE MEDICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! My wife checked my email and read all the nice posts to me of encouragement from this board to me over the phone. That made me feel great! I feel so incredibly fortunate, the only pain I have had has been back spasms, which was my big problem going into the surgery and my most significant reason for wanting the surgery. So, 4 hours on the table RNY lap plus the old gallbladder went too, directly up to a room, no need to be in intensive care, and I could have come home yesterday afternoon if I wanted, but decided to stay an extra day. My nurses were adorable, they were sweet to my wife, (a few of the nurses were dykes too) and last night one of them made these crazy balloon hats for all the nurses and patients to wear around the floor. You should have seen it! Today is the first day of a new life and transformation! It's all gone so well, it keeps making me cry!
dawn D.
on 7/3/05 1:32 pm - plainville, CT
Thats awesome to hear! glad your surgery was a breeze and wishing you nothing but the best recovery!!! mazel tov my dear!!
Meltingman
on 7/3/05 11:30 pm - Malvern, PA
Welcome home Shoshanna, I'm so glad to hear the staff treated your spouse and your marriage with the respect it deserves. I had a similar experience at Temple Hospital in Philadelphia and with my surgeon. They were all great with Heath. Here's to continued painfree and no complications recovery. Chip
& Then Some
on 7/4/05 1:39 am - in, FL
Awesome! Welcome home and keep us posted on your journey.
Stacey G
on 7/4/05 12:11 pm - Stow, OH
Shoshana - What a great experience! Thanks for sharing! I have 23 days to go and pray that it goes just as smoothly as your's did!! Take care and enjoy your new life! Stacey
smaker
on 7/4/05 1:46 pm - Dallas, TX
Wow, that is wonderful! Congrats!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views