Hi family can't stop crying

sexysweetsweet69
on 7/2/05 6:50 am - Milwaukee, WI
I have been denied by the insurance commissioner, there is no reason that they are given for the denial but they said there is just so much they can do. I had a good appeal . I really thought there was no way they could get out of it , but I think it is just my employer doing this. My company is self funded under erisa or something like that, I feel dead inside I really want to cry right now but I am just stuck in disbelief. I sent in a copy of 123 member who was approved wls with exclusions only policy must be medically necessary , my pcp doctor and my polumary doctor told the insurance commissioner that i need the surgery to reduce or eliminate my co morbities, I have never been so hurt in my life. I am really tired. My partner keeps saying don't worry she will put me on her insurance , but will they deny me because my company is denying me. My partner insurance company has an exclusion, weight reduction or controled treatment unless there is a diagnois of morbid obesity. I don't know what my next step is They told me that I could email any more info then a supervisor at the insurance commmissinoer can look at it. I need help , please help.
Ferchie
on 7/2/05 11:20 am - Twin Falls, ID
I am so sorry to hear that you were denied, I was denied about 1 month ago by my ins. co. so I know what you are talking about. I had 2 options when i began this journey - 1 was get aproved and have surgery 2 was don't get approved and pay cash. Alot of people cannot pay cash for this because it is so expensive. I never in a million years would of though about going to mexico but then i got to thinking about it and decided to check it out. A friend of mine had hers done in mexico 1 year ago yesterday. I thought she was crazy actually. But i got to talking to her and got to doing some research and talking to other people. And now I am going to mexico too. Granted my ins co is still not going to cover it, but it is like 1/3 of the price. Have you thought about doing that?
Ferchie
on 7/2/05 11:39 am - Twin Falls, ID
I forgot to mention that I am working on the appeal for my ins co too, if the appeal works I will go that route but I have the info for mexico and am getting ready for that too at the same time. I just cannot wait any longer. I am slowly becoming more and more disabled. I still walk and take care of myself but within the next 6 months that will probably change with out surgery. If you want to mexico info let me know.
& Then Some
on 7/2/05 11:29 am - in, FL
Hi Sherry, I thought that the insurance company had to give a reason. Did you get an official letter of denial? I'm sorry to hear about the denial. I can relate, in half at least. I was denied by my insurance initially. I was very disappointed and angry. I contacted a Obesity Advocate Atty and won on appeal. I think you get two appeals at least, but I don't know your insurance. If you want the atty's number I'd be glad to share it with you. It may be worth it to at least check him out and see what the options are. Other than that, it seems like a good idea to be added to your grlfriend's insurance as long as the surgery is not listed as an exclusion. I don't think that the new insurance will communicate with the old insurance. I'm not for sure though. I know it's tiring, but try and keep up the fight It's worth it. Jo-Ell
C. D.
on 7/5/05 8:02 am - Arabi, LA
Hey Girl, Just don't give up. Sending you all the extra power I have to fight this denial. Hugs, Celia
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/05 1:15 am - AL
Don't EVER give up There is ALWAYS a way to get this surgery... Exhaust EVERY option. Don't go by what SOMEONE else tells you (i.e. Insurance Commissioners) We're here for you girlie Don't get down, get up and fight! beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views