I'm home...

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/05 8:22 am - AL
I have been in the hospital since Sunday night, with pains in my back and abdomen, and my gall bladder was taken out yesterday morning, but first they did a EGD looking for ulcers and strictures, and everything in that dept was normal. I got home today around 1pm. I'm still heavily drugged, so I apologize in advance for spelling errors. I'm going back to bed now, oh I also had a severe UTI on top of everything, ran temps at night ranging from 99-102 every single night I was in hospital. The hospital messed up the orders each doc gave me, so I had only one bag of antibiotics, when I was supposed to have three and started the pill for my antibiotic this morning and the nurses screwed that up, didn't even get any until my mom went to the drugstore to get them filled, then, the nurses wouldn't let me eat, so I couldn't eat for three days at ALL was put on all liquids, however, my gall bladder surgeon and PCP both said I could eat solids as tolerated, but the nurses said NO FOOD....then they tried to force me to drink sugared juices and carbonated 7ups and all that crap, then they drugged me up day and night (loritab and demoral) and now I'm just upset and in pain. I'm at home now, resting, or trying to... Sorry I couldn't update on this situatoin sooner, but glad I'm home now ::::::hugs:::::: Beth -86
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/05 10:04 am - Milwaukee, WI
YEAH! You're home! I hope the gallbladder surgery takes care of the problems you've been having. In a few days, after a bit of TLC from mom and GF, you'll be on the road to recovery and feeling SO much better. Hang in there, toots! Big HUGS to you! Jen
Jessica D.
on 6/29/05 10:55 am - Edmonds, WA
What an awful hospital experience! I'm sorry your nurses weren't more supportive, and that so much of your stay was filled with screw-ups!! I'm glad you're home, though. Just get some rest now. With that gallbladder out, hopefully, you'll be eating and feeling better in now time! Thanks for the update! Feel better soon, Jessica
comairskycub
on 6/29/05 12:50 pm - Lexington, KY
Hey babe !!! Glad you are home.... Im in FL at the surgeons convention.... sorry I have been out of touch... If you need anything, let me know HUGZ ... Im thinking about ya !!! Glen
smaker
on 6/29/05 1:32 pm - Dallas, TX
That's horrible. I am glad that you are home and away from the nurses! I hope you feel better soon! Stacy -30 6/10/05
Meltingman
on 6/29/05 8:50 pm - Malvern, PA
Beth what an awful hospital stay. I'm glad you are home and can rest more comfortably. I hope all goes well for you now. Chip
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/05 2:31 am - AL
Oh BIG HUGE HUGZ to EVERYBODY!!!!! You really truly are family to me ::::::kisses::::: I'm doing MUCH better today, still sore & groggy but MUCH better! I even ate some cheerios with NO PAIN! I will post more later! Everyone have a WONDERFUL day If you ever need me, you can email me at [email protected] I'm usually on all day doing my classwork or supposed to be doing that :::::hugs::::: Beth
& Then Some
on 6/30/05 7:28 am - in, FL
Hospital's suck! Welcome home and to the world of the bladderless gals, thats my made up word for the people w/out gallbladders. okay, I'm a little tired.. ~ I'm so glad you are back w/ us. Jo-Ell
C. D.
on 7/5/05 8:05 am - Arabi, LA
Hey, Sorry you are sick darlin'. Hope you feeling better soon. HUG's, Celia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views