Plateau?

smaker
on 6/27/05 9:07 pm - Dallas, TX
I guess I am on my first plateau. I am 2 weeks and 4 days out and have been the same weight for 5 days (-29 lbs). Today my weight is actually about a 1/2 pound heavier. Is this normal so early out? I am getting in all of my water, protein, and exercise every day.
Sally S.
on 6/27/05 10:44 pm - Orlando, FL
Dear Stacy, I feel your pain!! My first month was slower than I thought it would be!! And I returned 2 scales before I band them from the house! LOL! Hang in there.....our bodies seem to have a rhythm all there own.....and wisdom! Could be hormonal....could be you are building muscle that weighs heavier than fat....could be just "housekeeping issues"....constipation.....or any number of other miracles our bodies perform on a moment to moment basis! Important thing is to think positive.....chin up .....and Sally Forth!!
mylilcalla
on 6/28/05 12:45 am - Bloomington, IN
Stacy , Plateaus are going to happen. I find that my body looses then rearranges then starts loosing again. Give it a little time, keep working your WLS program, and it will start moving before you know it. The hormone thing makes a lot of sense too. You may just be temporarily holding on to water. You are doing really great! Keep up the good work! Best, Amy
rowdywomyn
on 6/28/05 2:43 am - Sugar Hill, GA
I too feel your pain. I am 3 months and 4 days out from a DS. I have weighed the same for 4 weeks (down only 44lbs in almost 13 weeks doesnt seem too good). I am trying not to worry about it and you shouldnt worry either. As you have read, everyone says plateaus are a part of it. Keep telling yourself it will come off, you are still losing much faster than you would on a "normal" diet plan so you are doing great! Elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views