Eeek! surgery this Thursday!

Shoshana P.
on 6/26/05 5:21 am - Oakland, CA
:::::deep breath::::: ok, all the preparation is done, I've rescheduled my clients for work, my friends are supportive and on board, my sweet wife has a calendar to organize and schedule my friends to come help care for me in my recovery while she is at work...could I be any more blessed? I even tracked down my old therapist since I am sure that all kinds of sh*t will come up as the weight goes down. Despite all that and lots of meditation and prayers, the anxiety is still there. Not so much the surgery, but the pain and the healing afterwards... Such a big step. On Tuesday I am going to the mikveh. It is a Jewish ritual bath. The last time I went was before my sweetie and I got married 2 yrs ago. It is a chance to let go of the old and make fresh space for the new. I do love the idea that I will come home from the hospital for Independence Day. My REAL independence day, a chance to start getting more mobility, less pain, more energy. OK, I'm babbling, I guess I am more nervous than I'd like to believe. Better to watch our fabulous gay parade on the TV today...and keep breathing.
dawn D.
on 6/26/05 9:10 am - plainville, CT
I wish you the best of luck! I will keep you in my prayers... a fellow Jewish Lesbian, Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/05 9:47 am - Milwaukee, WI
I wonder if anybody ever approached this surgery without some anxiety? It sounds like you've got a great partner and you're taking care of yourself. I bet it will be a breeze! And how COOL that you get to watch a gay parade on TV!!! I live in the wrong part of the country! Jen
Sally S.
on 6/26/05 9:47 pm - Orlando, FL
Mazeltov!!! And Goddess Bless! Here's to success with your surgery, recovery and NEW LIFE!! Love, Laughter and Pain Meds! LOL! Sally 318/285
jeanette
on 6/27/05 3:51 am - so cal, CA
congragulations!!! youll do great ! ill have you in my prayers. you have a great support group.cant wait till my day.take care and keep us all posted. Jeanette
smaker
on 6/27/05 9:14 pm - Dallas, TX
Good luck! I hope you recover quickly!! {{hugs}}
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/05 9:32 am - AL
::::::::::Hugs::::::::: I know you'll be fine, and do just great thru surgery! Can't wait to hear from you on the losing side Good luck honey! Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views