ut ohhhhh

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/05 7:31 am - AL
I just got back from the doctor. He found a HUGE lump where my "new" stomach is supposed to be at the base of my esophagus. I don't know if I've told yall, but I can't eat nowadays, and I've got bad gag/spit reflexes. I can get about 2 bites down, the rest comes back up. He took blood, already said I'm not normal, not doing good at ALL, and he may have to admit me this weekend to the hospital. He says the weight loss is great, but other than that, being still depressed and feeling run-down on top of all these bad things, it's not normal. I go Friday to have my ultrasound on the "lump" and my gallbladder. He's even going to talk to my surgeon this week... I don't know how to handle this stuff... Anyone ever dealt with "huge lump" between the ribs at the bottom of the esophagus/beginning of stoma? I need support. For the past couple of days, I've HAD to take about 2-5hour long naps, because I can't get around and can't do anything, can't eat, think, nothing. I'm worried. beth
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/05 7:35 am - AL
CORRECTION: I'm going tomorrow to the hospital to have the U/S done... doc's office just called and they moved the date up
comairskycub
on 6/22/05 8:07 am - Lexington, KY
Beth, Im so sorry to hear this. I have never heard of this before. MAKE sure that your doc consults with your bariatric surgeon on this. Im going to email my friend and see if she has any insight on this and ill let you know ! Im thoughts and prayers are with you babe !! Keep your chin up !!! If you need anything, email me !!!! and MANY HUGZ Glen
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/05 8:43 am - AL
(((((((((((((((Glen)))))))))))))) You are SO SO SO Sweet, thank you for supporting me thru this hellacious time/months LOL I will keep yall posted, definitely.
& Then Some
on 6/22/05 10:16 am - in, FL
Beth, Your doing the right thing, getting to the MD and having your testing. Soon you will have some answers. Hang in there. Keep us posted.
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/05 10:39 am - Milwaukee, WI
Maybe the lump is just a big ball of NAUGHTINESS you've been storing up! I'm glad you're getting in sooner rather than later for the ultrasound. Let us know what you find out. Sending hugs your way! Jen
dawn D.
on 6/22/05 11:32 am - plainville, CT
Sending you prayers...plz let us know what happens
MargeC
on 6/22/05 4:46 pm - TACOMA, WA
Hi, I thought they took out the gallbladder automatic. They told me mind had to come out. Freaked me, as I didn't have trouble that way. Most people I know have had trouble when they had thiers out. I was afraid if I had trouble I wouldn't know which was the problem. Seemed like two many changes. So I backed off about having the surgery. Sorry your having so many problems. You hang in there. I will say prayers for you. I've noticed you are a great support type person. Listen to your own words. I know it's hard to stay afloat in the middle of a storm, but this to shall pass. They cool. . . . Marge
comairskycub
on 6/23/05 12:38 am - Lexington, KY
Beth, Just got an email back from my friend who is a nurse dealing with WLS everyday. Although she has never sen someone with a lump where you are describing, she thinks maybe it could be scar tissue. However she also said that you should let them admit you to the hospital. You need a complete blood analysis done... all vitamin levels.. Have you been taking your B 12 etc.... She said to make sure you tell them to check you B 1 level as well... All these things are important to us as WLS patients. Let us know HUGZ Glen
smaker
on 6/24/05 10:48 am - Dallas, TX
OMG Beth, that's horrible. Please keep me posted on what's going on with you! I will send good vibes your way!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views