new here!

dawn D.
on 6/12/05 10:16 am - plainville, CT
hello group.. i am 27 yr old single lesbian...hoping to have the surgery soon! i go for the orientation on 6/21...its so hard being in the gay community and being overweight...all of my friends are beautiful and thin and just dont get what its like to be overweight..oh well...good luck to everyone on the journey!!
David B.
on 6/12/05 10:59 am - Modesto, CA
Welcome to our palce on this wonderful site. I know what you feel like in the gay community being overweight. I am on the losing side, not to fit in, but to enjoy what is out there in the world. I am glad you have decided to join us on this journey. David
stephenw
on 6/12/05 11:20 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
Hi Dawn. Welcome! i'm new here too. It is very hard being large and gay. I find myself also contemplating surgery.
Missa
on 6/13/05 2:17 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Welcome Dawn! I am also rather new here--but have found great support on this site and especially on this messageboard. Good Luck to you on your journey!! Melissa
& Then Some
on 6/13/05 2:45 am - in, FL
Hi Dawn, Welcome! I just found this board last week too! Everyone seems real nice. I'm two months post RNY Good luck on your orientation.. your journey is just beginning. Feel free to post or email anytime.
mylilcalla
on 6/14/05 4:22 am - Bloomington, IN
Hi Dawn and Welcome! It's really nice to see so many people posting on this board lately. I truly hope that everyone keeps it up! We all share so much and in so many ways we know exactly where each of us is coming from that it is a wonderful opportunity to be able to have this board. I have been hanging around this site for the past couple of years, and it keeps getting better and better. Anyway, good luck with your orientation and with those "beautiful and thin" friends. Hopefully they will understand this all before you are through and they will support you the whole way through. I also just want to put a bug in your ear... there is a lot more to beauty than simply being thin. Thin is just a bonus gift. Best, Amy
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/05 2:39 am - AL
((((((((DAWN))))))))))) Hey and Welcome! There is plenty of love and support here for you, so right on in girlie! I'm only an email away if you need to talk Good luck! Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views